Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
The Monster in the Cold (Clara, PM to join) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
The Monster in the Cold (Clara, PM to join) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
The Monster in the Cold (Clara, PM to join) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
The Monster in the Cold (Clara, PM to join) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
The Monster in the Cold (Clara, PM to join) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
The Monster in the Cold (Clara, PM to join) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
The Monster in the Cold (Clara, PM to join) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
The Monster in the Cold (Clara, PM to join) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
The Monster in the Cold (Clara, PM to join) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
The Monster in the Cold (Clara, PM to join) - Page 3 I_vote_lcapThe Monster in the Cold (Clara, PM to join) - Page 3 I_voting_barThe Monster in the Cold (Clara, PM to join) - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
The Monster in the Cold (Clara, PM to join) - Page 3 I_vote_lcapThe Monster in the Cold (Clara, PM to join) - Page 3 I_voting_barThe Monster in the Cold (Clara, PM to join) - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

The Monster in the Cold (Clara, PM to join)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Treela/Alice
Student
Student
Treela/Alice

The Monster in the Cold (Clara, PM to join) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Monster in the Cold (Clara, PM to join)   The Monster in the Cold (Clara, PM to join) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 10:37 pm

From his spot, just above her, Zalatar looked down at Clara as she spoke about how there was honor to be found among humans. He questioned this before she explained her side of the story with Skaldak and how he nearly destroyed Earth. He knew of this but didn't know why he'd spared them, only that the Doctor had convinced him not to.

"Do you really think there could be a chance for me to regain honor?" he asked with a hiss. "Can you or your Doctor help me?"

Before she gave her response he made his way down behind her with his hands resting on the top of her head and the side of her neck. Clara would feel the cold scaly feeling of his slender fingers on her but he was careful as he held her. They were lose but tight enough that she couldn't turn, he didn't want her seeing him yet.

"A warning, girl." he hissed in her ear. "If you lie to me, then I will dishonor myself again by taking your life. Would you risk that after knowing what I have endured?"
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

Location : In the Tardis! | Brooke: In the Tardis Library, of course.

PostSubject: Re: The Monster in the Cold (Clara, PM to join)   The Monster in the Cold (Clara, PM to join) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 10:49 pm

Clara tensed slightly as she felt the martian wrap his fingers around her head and neck. She was reminded of the time this happened before, with Skaldak.
"Seriously? Is this like, a thing with you martians?" She asked before she could stop herself. She took a slow, deep breath to calm her nerves a bit, and swallowed silently.

She tried not to move too much, and chose her words carefully before she spoke.
"I wouldn't lie to you, Zalatar." She said quietly, but sincerely. "I honestly want to help you, any way I can. I just.. I don't know how." She admitted. "I want to be able to say something to help you feel better, but I'm not sure what I can say. And.. personally, I think you could regain your honor. I don't think it's a lost cause, I think you could do it. But I don't know how things work with your people, so.. it's hard for me to know."

She tried to breathe slow and steady, to keep calm. She was really scared, and she really really wished the Doctor was here.
"I.. know if the Doctor was here, he could help you." She said, blinking back tears. "But.. I'm really worried about him because I don't know where he is and he isn't answering my calls.." She said, slightly in a rush, before she could stop it from coming out. She took a deep breath and tried to get her emotions under control. "I wish he was here.." She whispered softly, trying to keep from sniffling.
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorcking.com
Treela/Alice
Student
Student
Treela/Alice

PostSubject: Re: The Monster in the Cold (Clara, PM to join)   The Monster in the Cold (Clara, PM to join) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 10:54 pm

He still kept his grip on her even after she finished talking. More words of uncertainty. He didn't know if that was a bad thing or actually a good thing. In reality he was as uncertain as her. Perhaps this was what it was like when you had nothing left to lose. Maybe not. He'd been born and raised to be a soldier and failed when the time truly came. Any chance for redemption would be something at least.

His hands left her neck and let her turn, only for Clara to see he'd already scuttled off somewhere else. The next sound she would hear would be the armor opening before something entering and closing it. After that came the footsteps of a fully armored Ice Warrior that now stood in front of Clara. Zalatar towered above her and looked down through the red visors of his helmet.

"I will speak with the Doctor." he hissed. "If he can bring me honor, then I will find my home again. Until then I am sworn to your honor, Clara Oswald of Earth. You are my commander and grand marshal form this day until my honor reborn or death claim me back to the red skies of Mars."

Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: The Monster in the Cold (Clara, PM to join)   The Monster in the Cold (Clara, PM to join) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 11:20 pm

Clara couldn't describe how relieved she felt when she felt the martian let go of her neck. She slowly turned but he was already gone. She let out a shaky breath and glanced around, still nervous. Where had he gone now? What was going to happen next?

Then she heard the sound of the armor, and she slowly turned to face it. The beam of her light shone on the feet first, then she moved the light up slowly to just below the head part. She stood very still, wondering if this was a good or a bad thing. Maybe he was about to attack and kill her?

She was really scared as she watched the Ice Warrior start toward her. She wanted to run, but she didn't, partly because she didn't know what to expect, and she may not even need to be afraid. But on the other hand, she might be about to die. She thought maybe it was best to stand her ground and at least appear as if she were brave and not terrified. She tilted her head back to look up at the giant in front of her. Being 5'2", compared to an Ice Warrior who was 7'8", he seemed like a giant to Clara.

She was a bit stunned when he spoke to her, and announced that she, Clara, would be his commander and Grand Marshall until he got accepted back on Mars. Her jaw nearly dropped, but she managed to keep it from doing so.
"Wh.. sorry, what?" She asked, more stunned than anything. "Me?" She wasn't sure how to reply to that. "Oh.. um..." She tried to think of what to say. "Am I supposed to say or do anything formal and.. ceremonious?" She asked uncertainly.
Back to top Go down
Treela/Alice
Student
Student
Treela/Alice

PostSubject: Re: The Monster in the Cold (Clara, PM to join)   The Monster in the Cold (Clara, PM to join) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 11:23 pm

Zalatar didn't fully understand her reaction, mainly on the grounds that he'd never done this before and with a human. He only knew that when an oath like this was given the person in question either accepted or declined. One was some form of honor while the other only proved he was unworthy or the chance. The fact she didn't answer right away made him both annoyed and anxious for her answer.

"Do you accept? Confirm or deny?" he hissed as he leaned closed to her. "Make a choice."

Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: The Monster in the Cold (Clara, PM to join)   The Monster in the Cold (Clara, PM to join) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 11:43 pm

Clara felt a bit anxious that she might have said the wrong thing. She was a bit relieved when he answered to give her a multiple choice.
"Oh, right. Of course.. I accept." She said, slightly hastily. She hoped she hadn't upset him or anything. She really didn't want to offend an Ice Warrior, especially when she had been working to try and befriend him.

"Sorry, I've um, never been in this sort of situation before, I wasn't sure if I was supposed to say anything." She told him, blushing faintly. "Um.. forgive my ignorance, but what exactly is a grand marshal supposed to do?" She asked uncertainly. She really hoped that he wouldn't take offense to her question.
Back to top Go down
Treela/Alice
Student
Student
Treela/Alice

PostSubject: Re: The Monster in the Cold (Clara, PM to join)   The Monster in the Cold (Clara, PM to join) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 11:47 pm

When she accepted he sighed with relief a her answer. He took a step back to not seem as intimidating to her before she asked about what a Grand Marshal's duty was.

"To keep as simple as can be," he began "you must be the one to command me. I am but a soldier. Though be it an exiled one. You're word is now my command, Clara Oswald."

After his explanation he waited to hear what she would say or ask next. It felt odd to him to now be under the command of a human, but at the same time he was hopeful that she would provide him with the proper commands and missions needed for regaining his honor. He stood there and hissed as he breathed while await Clara's word.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: The Monster in the Cold (Clara, PM to join)   The Monster in the Cold (Clara, PM to join) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 11:59 pm

"Right." Clara nodded slightly as he explained that she was to give him orders. She couldn't help wondering what the Doctor would say to this. She smiled up at Zalatar, feeling very relieved that she had apparently just made an ally, rather than an enemy. Allies were always better than enemies.

She hesitated as she realized he was waiting for orders of some kind.
"Oh. Um.." She thought for a moment on what to tell him. "So.. um, you have a weapon, yeah? Tell me about it please? I'm curious.." She said, deciding to learn about the martian culture the best she could. She figured, the more she understood about it, the better she could handle this situation.
Back to top Go down
Treela/Alice
Student
Student
Treela/Alice

PostSubject: Re: The Monster in the Cold (Clara, PM to join)   The Monster in the Cold (Clara, PM to join) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 12:03 am

She probably couldn't tell but underneath Zalatar smirked when her first question came to weapons. Already she was asking war-based questions that would surely mean battle for him. At least that's what he assumed.

He held up his arm and explained "My armor is equipped with offensive blasters on the gauntlet section. It is a requirement. I also have an interface system which can hack into any Earthling software system, no matter how primitive. When all else fails my final weapons are my own hands to crush an enemy to death. All of these are at your disposal, commander."

After finishing this he hissed with pride. It was more because he still remembered every means of attacking and defending himself despite not fully using the armor in battle. He at least still had the smarts above all else.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: The Monster in the Cold (Clara, PM to join)   The Monster in the Cold (Clara, PM to join) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 12:27 am

Clara listened as he began to explain about his armor and the weapons built into it. She folded her arms as she listened, trying to get into a commander-y kind of mood.
"Hm.. well that sure sounds effective." She commented, because she really had little else to say. She thought for a moment. "Wait, you can hack into any software system? That's rather impressive." She commented. She thought about her own skills at hacking, which she had retained after being re-downloaded from that one thing, the first time she met the Doctor.

She wondered, briefly, if he might be able to use his skills to try and locate the Doctor, but she wasn't sure. Then, a vague plan began to develop in her head.
"Huh.. I wonder.." She said softly to herself, then tilted her head and looked at Zalatar, almost in an appraising manner.

"Do you think maybe you could use your abilities to discover, say, reports of weird things happening.. alien attacks, that sort of thing?" She asked, thinking that maybe, if he could find stuff like that, she could go investigate those type things, and surely the Doctor was bound to turn up somewhere, and then he could help Zalatar.

It seemed like a perfect plan. It would give Zalatar stuff to do under her command, so he could gain honor from doing what he was told and stuff, and at the same time, it would help them both to locate the Doctor. For Zalatar, finding the Doctor was one step closer to getting allowed back on Mars, and for Clara, finding the Doctor would relieve her of her worries and reassure her that everything was alright with him.
Back to top Go down
Treela/Alice
Student
Student
Treela/Alice

PostSubject: Re: The Monster in the Cold (Clara, PM to join)   The Monster in the Cold (Clara, PM to join) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 12:32 am

Zalatar could tell his new commander was considering all of his abilities. Humans had that look to them, they way they moved as well, always something that showed they were thinking and plotting. Martians did not have much of the same, always having their faces hidden and often having one sound strategy and nothing more.

When she asked about his hacking skills in finding information he answered with "If my commander asks it, it will be done. Any information you require I can attain, provided the proper means."
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: The Monster in the Cold (Clara, PM to join)   The Monster in the Cold (Clara, PM to join) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 9:56 am

Clara considered this response for a moment. She thought over the possibilities open to her, and she also considered the pros and cons of her plan. On the one hand, she would have a better chance of finding the Doctor and helping Zalatar regain his honor and such. But on the other hand, she would be possibly putting herself and Zalatar in danger, and she may not actually find the Doctor, if he was busy handling things off on other planets. But really, the only other thing she could do was wait around for him to answer her calls, and that wouldn't help Zalatar any.

So she decided to try it, at least. The next problem was, how was she going to keep a nearly 8 foot tall Ice Warrior hidden in London? She tried to think of how that might work out. She could imagine people fleeing in terror and the police coming to investigate. No, that wouldn't work. She would have to keep him hidden, but how? She tried to think of a solution for keeping him hidden, that wouldn't seem like a dishonor to the Ice Warrior. Maybe he could stay hidden in that junkyard near the school where she taught? She thought about that for a moment, then decided that might work.

"Alright, I think I have a place where you can stay hidden, near where I live, so I can stay in contact with you." She said. "It's near where I work, too. Would you be willing to relocate to there? I can bring you all the salads you want, and you'll be able to stay out of sight, so people won't be frightened by you, and your armor should be able to blend in with the surroundings fairly well too, I should think." She explained.
Back to top Go down
Treela/Alice
Student
Student
Treela/Alice

PostSubject: Re: The Monster in the Cold (Clara, PM to join)   The Monster in the Cold (Clara, PM to join) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 10:02 am

Zalatar stood and waited until Clara gave her suggestion of where he could hide. He knew that hiding among humans was the best course of action, mainly why he was doing it for so long himself while hiding in Loch Ness. Though to be among the human's garbage would surely be less than inviting. And at the prospect of food being brought was a reassurance.

With all this in mind the Ice Warrior hissed "If that is what you order, Commander, it shall be so."

When they would eventually leave, Clara needing to make up whatever story she could for needing a truck big enough to transport Zalatar, the exiled Martian only waited with great patience for the day when his honor would be reclaimed. To be back in uniform and under command brought nostalgia to him, and all the more want for battle and honor restored. Oh yes, here on Earth all his enemie would feel the cold sting of death.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: The Monster in the Cold (Clara, PM to join)   The Monster in the Cold (Clara, PM to join) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 10:20 am

Clara nodded slightly.
"Right.." She said quietly, thinking how odd it was that she was suddenly in command of this huge, deadly warrior. He was over two feet taller than her, trained in combat and such, and she was just a girl. She wondered what the Doctor would say about this unusual situation.

"So, I suppose that means we'll need to get out of here." She said with a smile, making her tone cheerful. "Oh.. and you can call me Clara if you like.. that's what everyone calls me." She said. Well, her students called her Ms Oswald, but that was different. She smiled at her new ally. "Ok. So, your first mission is.. um, to come with me to London, without being seen." She decided. "After that is accomplished successfully, we can start your next mission." She smiled, strangely excited about this new plan she had come up with.

After returning the motorboat, getting her things from the inn, and managing to procure a truck to transport Zalatar to London, Clara showed him to the scrap yard, which wasn't too badly filled with junk. It was mostly just random objects that had been rejected and thrown away, things that made it easy for the tall Ice Warrior to stay hidden, and she made sure to point out that this was a good thing.

After getting him settled in, she went to a nearby store and bought a bunch of vegetables, which she took to Zalatar, and hoped it was enough to last him until the next day. Once all was done, she began thinking about what the next mission was to be.

(The End)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Monster in the Cold (Clara, PM to join)   The Monster in the Cold (Clara, PM to join) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Monster in the Cold (Clara, PM to join)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3