Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
In Cold Waters  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
In Cold Waters  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
In Cold Waters  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
In Cold Waters  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
In Cold Waters  I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
In Cold Waters  I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
In Cold Waters  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
In Cold Waters  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
In Cold Waters  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
In Cold Waters  I_vote_lcapIn Cold Waters  I_voting_barIn Cold Waters  I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
In Cold Waters  I_vote_lcapIn Cold Waters  I_voting_barIn Cold Waters  I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

In Cold Waters

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Toni Lucas
Student
Student
Toni Lucas

In Cold Waters  Empty
PostSubject: In Cold Waters    In Cold Waters  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 10:57 pm

I pace in the kitchen, the tight space between the wall and the table transforming into my temporary catwalk. My black trainers squeak roughly against the tile and I wince every time I make a sudden turn. But I keep doing it, my arms crossed over my chest and my back straight with anticipation. Someone knocks on the door and I spin, a lock of brown hair getting attached to my tongue and I grimace. Pulling my hair free, I sprint to the door. "Mother, you better pray this isn't another one of your... Pets!" I yell up the stairs, waving a distracted hand in the air before the door creaks open. The man before me glances down at the hinges, then back at me with wide eyes. I shrug, "needs oil?" I suggest and spin away from him, my shorts suddenly feeling too short and my grey and purple t-shirt suddenly feeling too tight. I fidget, turn back to face him and bite my lip. "What?" He asks after a moment and I shrug again. "Nothing. You don't look like someone my mom would date. Unless you've got a motorbike out there or something." I state, ignoring the glimmer of fear I have forced into his eyes. He shifts, locking his eyes on the bottom of his trousers before looking back at me. "Don't you have somewhere to be, kid?" He snaps and I pivot, ducking under his beefy arm to make a clear escape to the door. He doesn't make an attack, but I still don't want to be anywhere near his... Stench. Yeah, he smells. Big time. 

I jog across the street, cursing silently at myself for forgetting my jacket behind. The crisp air of a Wisconsin night was bothersome to say the least. And to make things worse, it was Halloween. The moon was full, the streets crowded. I gulp, lingering in the midst of a group of kittens and tin men before skirting to the edge of the crowds, walking at the edge of the sidewalk. "Loren!" I hear my name behind me, and I roll my dark eyes, picking up pace until the footsteps no longer itch the back of my mind. No one will follow and no one will interrupt me. Or touch me, or bother me. I rub my bare arms with the palms of my sweaty hands and turn a sharp corner. 

This street is empty. Dark and absent of life. I hesitate on the street corner, glancing back towards the bustling streets behind me. No one waits, no one searches in the dark for the girl that ran from another awkward meeting with another one of her mother's dates. Typical. I nibble on my full bottom lip, jumping on my heels before slowly making my way down the center of the road. I don't know why I decide on this path of travel instead of the safe, secure route such as the sidewalk. It makes me feel different, more out of touch with the rest of the bland community. I grind my teeth together, catching my tongue on occasions as I place one foot in front of the other, taking each step with sheer pleasure. One step away from the beginning of another, yet to be failed, lame date. 

My eyes linger on the fountain in the distance, a state of remembrance balanced proudly in the center of town. I start towards it, my steps becoming more determined as they pound on the pavement. Then I realize I'm jogging, then running. The fountain becomes more distinct, placed separately from its surroundings. The water falls down first as the clear color it should be, then a faded green, then brown. I twist my neck to see behind me, spot nothing, and turn back to the fountain. My last name is carved into a steel plate resting against its side and I raise an eyebrow. "Prior." I say aloud, running a hand over the letters as goosebumps form on my arms and legs. The water fades again and I am faced with the color black. Deep, endless black water tipping over the fountains edge and creeping over my shoes. The tiles lining the ground stain, then slide away. I jump back, stumbling to gain balance as the water follows.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

In Cold Waters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Cold Waters    In Cold Waters  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 11:39 pm

The sound of patter up against wet cobble stone road echoed through the streets of the festive neighborhood which seemed oddly and wearily empty. The figure creating the sound was pitch black, covered in the shadows of the dark of the night. He too walked in the center of the road, not paying any mind to the sidewalks in which kids should have been chasing each other in. The figures head rose, glancing over to one of the only houses which had its porch light on, signalling safety for trick or treaters. Approaching the house, and finally cutting onto the sidewalk, only to pass over it a second later, the figure entered the light emitting from the porch light, revealing it's true nature. 

The figure wore a long, black, frightening scream mask and a long black cape to match; a orange pumpkin basket dangling from one of it's hands loosely. With it's free hand, the figure rang the door bell which was immediately answered by an older woman, holding a bucket of candy. With a warm smile, she placed a gracious amount in his basket after he exclaimed, "trick or treat!!" happily. Gazing at his new price, the figure bolted down back to the shadows of the road, but not before passing a taller figure who's stature was held high, a cape billowed behind it's legs.

"Aren't you a bit old to be trick or treating?" She asked the man who approached her, his hands rested nonchalantly into his pockets and a grin on his face, "You're never too old to have a little fun" the man replied, "I'm The Doctor by the way, happy halloween" he added, revealing his name. The elderly woman chuckled and handed The Doctor a handful of candy to his hand which propelled out of his pocket just in time to nab the goodies, "What's the point of being old if you can't be childish sometimes?" The Doctor asked rhetorically before gesturing with the candy, a kind thank you before turning and making his way back down to the street.

Was on the road, there The Doctor unraveled his first bit of candy and popped it into his mouth, "Ooh, isn't that lovely" he mumbled to himself happily, "Earth chocolate is the best! Though a nightmare for your teeth, but a wonder to your taste buds". The same boy who got candy earlier passed The Doctor just in time to hear him speaking to himself. He looked up at him and chuckled, "You're strange" he said before walking off to another house, "I'm not strange. Just misunderstood is all" The Doctor mumbled a reply, still sucking on the chocolate happily rotating counter clockwise in his mouth.
Back to top Go down
https://docwhorp.forumotion.org
Toni Lucas
Student
Student
Toni Lucas

In Cold Waters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Cold Waters    In Cold Waters  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 11:57 pm

My phone buzzes in my pocket, and just before my hand reaches the denim, I pull back. No need to get distracted, not when the biggest distraction of the night was lying itself out in front of me. Where I could touch it... And- "No, no need to get curious, Loren." I whisper to myself, kneeling down so my weight was balanced between my knees and ankles. Curiosity was one of my strong points. Why not exercise it a little? Chewing on my lip, a habit I refuse to take care of, I reach out a hand towards the shifting tiles. Melted tiles, scorched tiles. I scurry back to my feet, breathing in slowly as I stumble a safe distance away. Safe. Ha. That's almost funny to say. Safe from black water and tiles melding together. Unheard of, yet right before me. I blink, rub my eyes and shuffle a few more paces backwards. I miss my catwalk, the bright lights of my quiet house. So quiet I can hear my brother's soft snoring from his bedroom above my head. On the next floor, where my mother was preparing herself for a meaningless, and hopefully emotionless, date. I frown, folding my arms back over my chest as I kick at a rock. It skips its way over to the water and disintegrates. For a moment, I stay still, unmoving and stunned. Then I rock back on my heels and inhale. I hear footsteps behind me. "Loren!" The same voice. That same, obnoxious voice. That same best friend I can't seem to escape from just for a moment. "Leave me alone and don't you dare go by that fountain, Trent." I snap and I feel as if he obeys. The footsteps stop and he sighs. "What're you doing here?" 

I don't have an answer and I only shrug, spinning to face him. "Not running away again, if that's what you're asking." I say stiffly, quickly shuffling towards him. I smack his shoulder with mine, then disappear around the bend. My eyes are focused on my shoelaces, I don't see where I'm going. But I feel another bump and I bite back a yelp. My eyes lift and an eyebrow shoots up. "Sorry, I think. Or maybe I'm not. Can't tell who bumped into who." I say gently, but quick as if I only have seconds for the words to slide through my throat and past my lips. Maybe I do, who knows. I still feel the dampness of my socks, soaked through and through with black water. I notice the man I bumped into sucks on a small piece of chocolate and I can't contain my laugh.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

In Cold Waters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Cold Waters    In Cold Waters  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 12:18 am

The Doctor eyed the woman who bumped in him for a moment, his chocolate swirling around in his mouth until finding a place inside of his mouth that allowed him to speak without slurring or sucking on the voluptuous candy. "Sorry.." He managed to mumble, taking a step over to the woman, "Didn't see you there. Bit darker than usual i have to admit, although...just between you and me, it wouldn't surprise me if it were something dealing with the time of the year.". Chuckling, The Doctor offered the woman one of his candies then turned his body and attention back to the road, his eyes immediately catching the glimpse of something moving.

"You know what?" He called back to the woman, partially glancing over his shoulder, "Best...stay in doors this Halloween. No need to be wondering around or anything...looking..for anything." he paused then spun back to the woman, "Anyways! Nice meeting you, my name's The Doctor. Be safe, stay inside". Forcing a smile in the direction he though the woman was standing, The Doctor then turned and began his trek back down the cobble stone street, his shoes causing an echoed pattering noise as they had done before.

Inside he had hoped the woman would have listened to him or just thought he was crazy and went back home as he continued down the road, his eyes set on the sides near the curbs. There was something interestingly frightening about the composition of the water that laid in between the edges of the cobblestone that sparked The Doctor's interest. Quickly flipping out his sonic screwdriver and scanning a puddle of water beside him, The Doctor peered over the readings as he continued walking, never stopping in case someone was following him. The scans from the screwdriver only worried The Doctor further as he tucked his trusty device back into it's place in his suits breast pocket.

Without saying another word, he unraveled and popped in another candy, not even looking to see what flavor. His facial expression exhibiting the likeness for it as he cringed up his nose and eyebrows before spitting it out, "Ah ah ah! Bad bad bad!" he mumbled to himself as he wiped his hands off on the side of his trench coat, "Why make a vomit flavored candy..i'll never know. Humans, i swear, never seize to amaze me".
Back to top Go down
Toni Lucas
Student
Student
Toni Lucas

In Cold Waters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Cold Waters    In Cold Waters  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 12:29 am

I stay where I am for only a fraction longer than intended. My mind clears, the fogginess of his vague comments lingering in the back of my head for another second until they fade. I either ignore what he says or forget it all together, because I hear the shuffle of my feet proceed after him, keeping my steps precise and quiet. I press my foot to the cobblestone as he does, making sure my sounds mirror his. I round the corner just in time to watch him spit the candy out. I roll my eyes, looking over my shoulder at the house I assume he went to. Mrs Dumphy, the one old lady I can always count on to get candy that seems like it's from Harry Potter. I grimace, turn my gaze back to the man and lean my shoulder against a white picket fence, lining the property of some family I forgot the name of. I'd hate to ruin his moment of disgust, so I stay silent, allowing the shadows to consume me and bury me from sight. I am better in this position, my body posture easing as I realize I am invisible. I am small, too small for my age, which works in my favor at some points in time. But not this one. My legs are long, though pale, and I feel as if they glow in these shadows as I swing one over the fence. My height works against me as I scoot the rest of me over into the yard. 

My eyes never leave the man, standing beside the fountain. His features are distorted by the shadows, the black water not entirely helping. I groan softly, bending down in the moist grass on my bare knees. My hands curl around the fence and I tighten my hold until my knuckles turn a bright red. I don't want him to see the name carved onto the plaque. My last name, the one written in childen's handwriting in paint on the side of my mailbox. I don't want this connected back to me. But I stay silent and watch.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

In Cold Waters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Cold Waters    In Cold Waters  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 4:23 pm

Once beside the fountain, The Doctor glared down at the water; it's stillness an omen to The Doctor whose curiosity only grew more and more prevalent as time progressed watching the be-stilled water. "What are you?" He mumbled, mostly to himself as he extended out his index finger down towards the water but then he heard something, causing his attention and his body to shift in the direction he had heard it. Curiously and silently, he eyed in the spot he though he heard a disturbance. A white picket fence stood, looming in the distance, as if eyeing him and telling him to back off and look away, wavered slightly in the darkness of the night.

With an eyebrow raised, The Doctor turned back towards the fountain and squatted down next to it, gazing at it's contents carefully before taking out a vile and scooping up a sample quickly off of the side of the fountain. Holding the now, partially, filled vile up to his eyes, The Doctor could barely see the contents and had to move it over to the faint light that emitted from a nearby street lamp to see it. Once sure he had a sufficient amount, he glanced around the fountain area and back to white picket fence before standing up and swiftly turning back down the street.

Extending out his left hand and arm, while the right carefully held the vile, he activated his sonic screwdriver. Almost immediately, out in the distance a few feet away glowed a light, flashing three times before a blue box appeared in the final flash. A smile grew on The Doctor's face as his time machine grew closer with every single step until eventually he was at it's doors, fiddling in his pocket searching for the key. But once the key came into his grasp, he quickly took it, inserted in into the slot then glanced around the surrounding area before opening the door slightly and slipping through the open gap and closing the door behind him, unknowingly leaving it unlocked.
Back to top Go down
Toni Lucas
Student
Student
Toni Lucas

In Cold Waters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Cold Waters    In Cold Waters  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 4:58 pm

My body grows numb. His eyes had landed on me more than once, though the shadows bounced off his face to mask his features... Again. One quick look over my shoulder and I was slipping over the fence again, tiptoeing back to the fountain with more determination than previously planned. Going home sounded like a better option; a safer one. A warm cup of hot chocolate would wait for me on the counter, like it did every night. My mom was on for traditions. But it would have to wait. My fingers run over the plaque one last time, my last name sticking out like a cruel calling. I creep away, turning on the balls of my feet to face wherever the stranger had gone. With the vague comments and the roundabout looks, how could he not expect someone to follow? I jog to the box looming in the distance, nearing squishing itself against a curb. "Turn away, just go back..." I whisper, my voice strained. Go back. Just go back! My feet lock, the sides of my thighs pressing together. My hands sweat more than before. I brush my palms against the denim of my shorts, hoping to get rid of the moist tickle. "Loren, I won't say it again." I snap softly to myself, forcing my voice an octave too high. Impersonating my mother in an attempt to get moving is not my finest move. But I do. I begin to move, though not in the direction planned. I move towards the blue box. I move until the texture beneath my shoes change. The door swings open, and I frown. "Your door goes the wrong way." I blurt out, my words stringing together so they show no gaps. I frown again, look at my shoes and shut the door behind me. "I thought you'd be more discrete. You know, following the shadows and stuff... But nope. Not at all." Why can't I stop talking? Shut up, Loren. Though it's too late. I've made my presence known.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

In Cold Waters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Cold Waters    In Cold Waters  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 9:44 pm

When Loren had entered his TARDIS, he had his back turned to her, leaning over the console as he studied the vile that contained pitch black water scrapped from the side of the water fountain. But then, a voice penetrated the safety of the TARDIS. The chilling wind from the outside world following it not long after, slithering up The Doctor's spine. Creaking his head around, The Doctor peered over to Loren as she rambled, walking up his ramp and closing the doors behind her. Turning completely towards her, The Doctor rubbed his glasses to see if she was actually there then took a step back once he realized she was, "Oh, so you just follow someone inside of their home instead? Unannounced and unwelcome. Brilliant" he commented, walking down the ramp and cautiously locking it before walking back up the ramp.

"I'm guessing that was you near the white picket fence" The Doctor reasoned as he passed by her form on the ramp and then circled the control console, "Either you like i am just that interesting. Or! You're looking for danger and you know exactly where to find it because you've noticed things..things nobody else tends to notice". Peering his head over the time rotor, The Doctor smirked, "Yeah. Yeah, don't think i know" he said proudly of himself, "Cause it's the same way i was when i was young. Loved adventure, thrills, chases, trouble..now i practically live with trouble." he paused, stopping himself from rambling.
Back to top Go down
Toni Lucas
Student
Student
Toni Lucas

In Cold Waters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Cold Waters    In Cold Waters  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 2:48 am

I pause, sighing as he proceeds with his own rambling. The.. Doctor. That's what he called himself. I chew on my bottom lip, tasting the faint remains of raspberry lipgloss. My eyes follow his movements, but my mind stays detached. Whatever he says is a faint buzz in the back of my head, though the meaning seems to linger. He's telling something to me. I need to reply or I just seem stupid. Leaning against a railing, I watch him intently, "I didn't ask for your life story. Whether you live in danger or not, I don't care. I just want an answer to a question. Once you tell me, I'll go and leave you with..." My words thin until nothing escapes my lips. I refuse to allow my eyes to widen, so instead, I gap at my surroundings. Bigger on the inside... All right. I blink, refocus my eyes and look back at the Doctor. "Why's that water black?" I ask simply. My question. Final and unrevised. All I need: a single answer and I'll happily turn my back on this freak show. "Tell me that and you won't have to deal with me. I'll leave your box and you can deal with whatever danger you want. But I don't notice things people tend to forget to see, I just pay more attention to the things everyone does see." I say, resting my elbows on the bars. They're cold and shiver runs down my spin. I had forgotten how cold I was when the adrenaline was pumping through my veins. I pull away from the rails and cross my arms over my chest, staring at his expectantly.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

In Cold Waters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Cold Waters    In Cold Waters  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:01 am

The Doctor raised an eyebrow the nodded his head as he leaned up against the console behind him, reaching over and grabbing the vile, he held it forward, dangling it loosely between his fingers, "No you see, water on Earth appears to be blue or clear blue is because of the mixture between the light from the sun, the reflected and projected colors and the molecules inside. But!!! This water as been injected with some sort of serum, acid of some kind that absorbs all the light and heat from the sun then projects it back out in the form of highly destructive acid. You could place a rock in this and it would immediately melt". Glancing back over to his scanner, The Doctor eyed the readings then peered back to the young woman, "My TARDIS..my ship, is still processing the molecules inside of the water at the moment. Just stay out of the puddles or water for now, tell your family but just keep away from it until i can find a way to reverse it...or hopefully stop whoever is creating this water from releasing it".
Back to top Go down
Toni Lucas
Student
Student
Toni Lucas

In Cold Waters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Cold Waters    In Cold Waters  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 9:30 pm

Nodding, I crane my neck to take a closer look at the vile. I nod, turn away and saunter back to the door. "Thanks. And okay. I'll mention the lava water." I call over my shoulder, unlocking the door and dragging it open. I look over my shoulder, smirk, and offer him a limp salute. "See ya." My smirk reforms itself into a grin as I step out of the ship, in which he called.. What? A TARDIS? I shut the door behind me, rubbing my palms against my hips as I move back towards the fountain. The plaque sticks out like a sore thumb. But who would miss a plaque that isn't supposed to be there to begin with? I glide closer, stepping over a gush of black water to pry the plaque away. It is loose and rusted, though why and how is beyond me. My grip on the edges falter, nearly releasing it before I yelp and regain control. My fingers curl tightly and I pull it backwards towards my chest. I breathe out a sigh and nod softly to myself. Reassurance. But I don't need to reassure myself when I have acid water at my use. I shut my eyes, dropping the plaque into the water in one swift, fluent drop. The water dissolves it and my name is no more. Good. I step away from the fountain, swallowing a cry. My arms wrap protectively around my torso and I suck in the much needed air. No panicking. Don't panic. My eyes shoot up to the ship I have left behind. A tall phone box. Did it always look like that? I turn away, tightening my arms, my sides pinched from the pressure I put on myself. But the pain is welcomed as I turn away, bumping straight into Trent. "Jesus, Trent. Didn't I tell you to go?" I snap, looking back over my shoulder thoughtfully. Going away would be harder than I had thought. I rub my arms, sneak another peak at Trent, his features etched in worry. "What?" I ask softly and he shrugs. "Just wonder why you try to put yourself in the middle of danger all the time. Have a death sentence, Lo?" I roll my eyes, staring sternly at the fountain as the water brushes closer.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

In Cold Waters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Cold Waters    In Cold Waters  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 9:54 pm

The Doctor watched the young woman walk out of his doors then turned his attention back over to the controls once the doors shut and locked into place, "Now, if i can trace the rain back to it's origin place then i might be able to stop the next down pour.." he mumbled to himself as he glanced at the scanner and began to type away at the keyboard. Minutes went by and nothing, nothing seemed to match the traces found in the vile of water, nothing in the TARDIS data bank. Then suddenly, hope. 

The scanner roared with life as the TARDIS picked up on a particular rain cloud that was emitting some odd weather patterns and may have been the cause of the rain; it had coincidentally, just pasted over the town he is currently in, yesterday. "Aha! Gotcha!!" The Doctor proclaimed, inserting his sonic screwdriver into the controls, downloading the spec's of the cloud then rushing down the ramp, "If i can get the same exact cloud through the specs on my screwdriver, then i might be able to lock onto it and send the TARDIS up there..". Popping his head out of the double blue doors, he peered up to the sky which was covered in clouds, hidden by the darkness of the night, "Of course". 

Shutting the door behind him, The Doctor extended his screwdriver forward and up in the air just slightly, he began to pace around the streets of the town, paying more attention to his screwdriver than what was in front of him. As his sonic screwdriver began to match cloud patterns, he continued to walk and hope for the best.
Back to top Go down
Toni Lucas
Student
Student
Toni Lucas

In Cold Waters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Cold Waters    In Cold Waters  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 10:16 pm

"Tell me, Lo. Tell me if you've got a damn death wish." I don't reply, my eyes glued to the melting plaque before me. One more letter, one more letter and I'd be home free. "Loren, gosh, really?" I bend my neck, shielding my face from his view and indulging in the shadows. I don't focus on the noises around me, they are hardly important. Expect for one, the constant pacing of footsteps smacking the pavement. I look over my shoulder and wince, remembering what I had been doing around a half hour before. Pacing; pacing over details I strain myself to make important. My mom's dates, my brother's snores, my dad's death. I blink, looking back down at the water angrily. And I see it, the plaque. New and improved. PRIOR. "No, no... I just..." I stumble with my words, glancing at Trent with lost hope. There's something I can't escape from right in front of me. Something I can't get out of, finally. "What? What is it?" Trent asks steadily and I've never heard him so stern before. I brush off his intensity and look back at the Doctor in the distance. "Hey, you, Doctor-Face, come here." I call out, nodding my head faintly in the direction I'm suggesting.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

In Cold Waters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Cold Waters    In Cold Waters  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 11:19 am

The Doctor paused his running as he heard his name being called, but in a different manor than he had ever heard it before, causing him to turn around and face who called out to him curiously. It was her, that girl, could it wait? He thought to himself as he reluctantly walked over to her and the boy standing a foot away from her, "I'm sort of busy...with this..thing right now" he explained to the girl, pointing back and over his shoulder with his finger as he spoke then his attention turned over to the boy, "Hello, sorry, my name's The Doctor" he said, extending his hand out to him.

Being caught up in introducing himself, he nearly forgot about the importance of the situation as his sonic screwdriver roared with life, completely unbeknownst to The Doctor at the current time.
Back to top Go down
Toni Lucas
Student
Student
Toni Lucas

In Cold Waters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Cold Waters    In Cold Waters  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 1:43 pm

I watch Trent limply wave, though fail to mention his name. I grind my teeth together and sigh, "that's Trent. But I didn't call you over for some introductions." I snap, cross my arms stubbornly and nod my head to the fountain. The plaque. "Explain to me why that thing is reluctant on melting. Tossed it in, and it reappears." I bend over the spraying water, peeling the plaque away with more difficulty than before. "See, I don't care about your water issues or the fact your problems are more important than mine, but I need to know why this has my last name on it. My name, which has no relation to this fountain at all." My eyes narrow, my head drifting to the side to further explain my interest. I'm too curious, always too curious. I feel Trent's eyes on my back, piercing me with concern and worry. I don't look back at him, I can't, because I know he's always right. Nothing ties me down to this life, so why not edge myself into a little bit of danger? I let my curiosity brighten my hazel eyes as I raise an eyebrow. "Well? Any theories?"
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

In Cold Waters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Cold Waters    In Cold Waters  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 2:18 pm

"Well..." The Doctor pondered the question and situation deeply as he rubbed the back of his head with his free hand, "Either it's because of what kind of stone the fountain is carved from..it's like expecting a diamond to be melted by a magnifying glass reflecting the sun light. And for you're name...i haven't a clue...maybe your family built it prior..to your birth". A chuckle slipped through The Doctor's mouth and a smirk formed as he himself just realized what he had done, but upon seeing the expression on Loren's face, The Doctor's smile gave way, "Anyways. I've really got to go, you..enjoy your plaque and..trent, seem's like a lovely guy, nice to meet you trent".

Leaning over, The Doctor shook Trent's hand then turned and ran back down the street, just now realizing that his sonic screwdriver had caught the cloud he was looking for on it's scans. "See! Could have tracked this thing down by now" He mumbled under his breath as he peered down to his sonic screwdriver just before turning a corner and loosing the site of Loren and her friend from his peripheral view.
Back to top Go down
Toni Lucas
Student
Student
Toni Lucas

In Cold Waters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Cold Waters    In Cold Waters  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 6:28 pm

"He seemed... Nice? A friend of yours?" Trent asks softly and I spin to face him. "Shut up." I say, glancing at the plaque with less curiosity than before. The Doctor had seemed sure of what he said, though distracted. I toss it into the water, feeling as if I had fed a monster. But I ignore the aching frustration building in my chest and press forward, in the opposite direction of the stranger. No need for my thoughts to lead me into following him. Trent wraps a hand around my forearm and I try to struggle away from it, but there is no use. He is dragging me home, forcing me away from strange encounters and dark water. I glare at him, "I'm not a kid. In fact, I'm older than you. I don't need someone to take me home. I remember where it is." He doesn't reply, and I try to look him directly in the eyes, but they are shadowed and appear black. I can't see the bright blue, the familiar blue I have grown to connect to safety. I try to pull away and his grip becomes stronger. "Trent..." I warn, my voice low, but not convincing enough to persuade him into anything. He continues to yank me, and it is too late to realize we have passed my house. And his. He guides me in the direction of the park, where another, though smaller fountain rests.

And once we make it there, Trent releases my arm. I wince, pull away and hug my arm to my chest. My eyes survey the abandoned swings and slides. "Why isn't anyone here?" I ask right as my eyes land on the other fountain. The water, slipping down the sides and onto the grass, is also black.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

In Cold Waters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Cold Waters    In Cold Waters  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 7:14 pm

The Doctor's shoe skidded off of seemingly freshly wet cobble stone street and into an alley way, nearly falling over on his side as he did so, only catching himself from falling by touching the floor with his fingers and pushing himself back up. Once inside of the alley way, the sonic screwdriver went wild and connected immediately with a passing cloud over his head. Gazing up at the cloud with newly formed interest and curiosity, The Doctor did not notice a small flash of light that emitted from the edge of the alley way before a dark form began to accumulate and size up the Time Lord. Long curved shoulder armor protruded out from the shoulders of the figure and a hissing sound echoed through the alley way until The Doctor finally realized it's presence. 

"Time..Lord.." The figure hissed, glaring down at The Doctor with eyes now glowing a bright green, causing The Doctor to take a step back with widened eyes, ""How do you know what i am?" he asked the figure, stepping fully out of the alley way. The figure followed The Doctor but stopped at the edge of the alley way, "We met long ago Time Lord...long time ago when your face was different. We made you a noble..but now times have changed...our planet needs this world for our conquest. You will not get in our way...this is your only warning Time Lord..stay back". 

With a flash of light, the figure disappeared, leaving The Doctor alone to his thoughts before one word slipped out of his mouth and sparked realization in his mind, "Draconians..".
Back to top Go down
Toni Lucas
Student
Student
Toni Lucas

In Cold Waters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Cold Waters    In Cold Waters  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 7:55 pm

I wave my hand in front of Trent's face, but he is transfixed by the water. I nibble on my lip for one silent moment, until I can hear my heartbeat. But that is the one thing I refuse to hear, how my life proceeds into the dark. With water fighting it's water over shards of grass to get to my shoes. I stumble back, forgetting Trent and forgetting the fountain. I spin, jogging back down the street towards the fountain. The fountain where that Doctor made a ridiculous joke. Idiotic and out of place. I brush off my judgements and push my legs forward. I don't run often, I hate the feeling of adrenaline that courses through my veins whenever I do. But now, it isn't so bad. I come to stop at the large fountain, the one barring a new plaque. My last name, fresh and new, stamped to the side of the fountain. I heave a sigh, ignoring the ringing in my ears and focusing more on the fading laughter of trick or treaters, making the final trip back home. I check my watch, and it's nearly ten. Kids are done roaming the streets and I'm done expecting answers. I sit down on the ground, dragging my knees to my chest as I wrap my arms around my legs. The water touches the tips of my shoes, but does not melt them down.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

In Cold Waters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Cold Waters    In Cold Waters  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 8:36 pm

The Doctor at first was stunned for a few moments a his mind processed what had just happened in front of his eyes; then the images of the world suffering under the reign of the Draconians, all those people..the girl. That snappy girl from the fountain...her name plaque...her name plaque. His mind raced over a series of words and memories, flashing before his eyes until finally he shot up with excitement and proclaimed, "Her name plaque!!!!". Turning, peering down each way of the street before finally making his way back to the fountain, hoping this was the right way. 

Once reaching the fountain, he glanced around until finally he spotted a little head poking out from the edge of the fountain, catching his attention and forcing him to dash over to the other side and squat down next to the young woman who was huddled up near the fountain. "Sorry..." He started, speaking to her in a lower controlled tone, "I just wanted to ask about that plaque of yours. Why do you want to destroy it so badly? And what's it made out of? The medal i mean".
Back to top Go down
Toni Lucas
Student
Student
Toni Lucas

In Cold Waters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Cold Waters    In Cold Waters  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 8:46 pm

I glance at him, unfazed by his sudden appearance. My body has grown numb, and with it, my reflexes. "Not exactly sure what it's made out of. Frankly, it doesn't matter. It reforms itself anyway. I destroy one, another takes its place." I sigh, rocking back on my tail bone with a wince before dropping my chin onto my knees. "And... I want to destroy it so much because it isn't supposed to be there. There wasn't a plaque yesterday, so there shouldn't be one today." I say, my voice sounding robotic as they leave my lips. As if I had rehearsed this in my head a thousand times. But my mind is being pulled in several directions: the Doctor's sudden interest, the water I'm no longer trying to avoid, the plaque, and the friend I left behind. I bite my lip hard, hoping to taste blood. That will focus my attention. Pain will remind me of the strange situation. But no luck and no blood. I inhale loudly and turn my head so my cheek is resting on my knee and I am facing the Doctor. "Why are you suddenly so interested?"
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

In Cold Waters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Cold Waters    In Cold Waters  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 1:12 pm

"Because.." The Doctor began to explain, taking off his trench coat and placing it over the front of her body, "Plaques don't magically refuse being destroyed my acid rain..nor does it attract such a peak interest in someone unless there is something important about it". Glancing down at the plaque, The Doctor scrutinized it for a few seconds, flipping it over and looking at it's back and all of it's sides, "Looks normal..nothing special" he mumbled to himself before quickly scanning it with his sonic screwdriver. Immediately the plaque faded it's color down to a clear like glass, circuits and a flashing light could be seen, "It's a beacon!!!" he proclaimed, "A draconian beacon! Sending waves of data throughout the stars...telling the armada of the status of the rain..if the plans going according to plan". 

Standing up, The Doctor glanced back down the street to his TARDIS then back down and over to Loren, "I won't tell you that it wouldn't be dangerous..or at most times..completely mad. But..it sure beats sitting it here in this weather. You could come with me if you'd like, but i want that coat back" he joked before turning and making his way back to his TARDIS in a jog, the plaque held firmly in his left hand.
Back to top Go down
Toni Lucas
Student
Student
Toni Lucas

In Cold Waters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Cold Waters    In Cold Waters  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 1:47 pm

I don't move for a long second, my muscles aching and tense. I place my left palm on the cobblestone and push myself up, my other hand balled around a piece of the coat. I slip it across my shoulders, moving in small steps after the Doctor. Why I am going after him, I don't think about. I don't think at all, I just move. And I pick up speed, following along with his jog until I give up. A beacon, yes. But it still doesn't make sense. The details are still fuzzy in my head. "Wait. I get the beacon part, but what's the point of putting my last name on it?" I ask, loud enough for him to hear. The fountain's running water is still the overwhelming sound, muffling even my voice. I watch the Doctor's back as I continue after him, nothing but curiosity in my system, feeding the adrenaline. I'm still hesitant, but not of following him into this danger, but of leaving Trent at the park. I should go back to him, of course I should. But I keep following the Doctor. My mind is no longer in charge, my legs are. My arms sway at my sides as I return to the jog. "If it's just a beacon, my name doesn't matter!"
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

In Cold Waters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Cold Waters    In Cold Waters  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 2:20 pm

The Doctor stopped at the doors of the TARDIS, turning back to her to answer her question, "I don't know" he told her, his mind still working over the details of why her name was on the beacon, "Because..they wanted you to see it..or..it was meant for you. They knew you would mess with it, try to destroy it and engulf your attention to it...i don't know..maybe you were the first to see it, so it latched itself onto you. There's no telling". Opening the door, he left it open just slightly for Loren as he entered and jogged up the ram and over to the control console. 

Once getting to the control console, The Doctor pulled a few cords from out from under the TARDIS console and hooked the plaque up with the scanner that he pulled over. "Now, getting the readings from this. The TARDIS can track the signal from the beacon and follow it, straight up to the armada.." He told Loren from the other end of the TARDIS before looking up at her, "Hope your not shy".
Back to top Go down
Toni Lucas
Student
Student
Toni Lucas

In Cold Waters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Cold Waters    In Cold Waters  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 2:55 pm

"Me? Shy? Hardly." I say, slipping into the TARDIS as I shut the door softly behind me. This time, I don't give myself a chance to look around. I drop the trench coat onto the railing, letting it hang there as I relax besides it. "Hope you're not a know-it-all." I add under my breath, glancing at the Doctor before sliding my arms under the first rail, hooking them at the elbow. I shut my eyes and lean my head back, "I may not be shy, but I'm impatient. And curious as to why you call yourself 'the Doctor'. Sounds more like a title than a name." I open my eyes, raising an eyebrow at him with a smirk. I don't need an answer, I just need a pointless conversation to brush out the troublesome quietness.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

In Cold Waters  Empty
PostSubject: Re: In Cold Waters    In Cold Waters  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In Cold Waters
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next