Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
Riddles in the Dark I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
Riddles in the Dark I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
Riddles in the Dark I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
Riddles in the Dark I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
Riddles in the Dark I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
Riddles in the Dark I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
Riddles in the Dark I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
Riddles in the Dark I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
Riddles in the Dark I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Riddles in the Dark I_vote_lcapRiddles in the Dark I_voting_barRiddles in the Dark I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Riddles in the Dark I_vote_lcapRiddles in the Dark I_voting_barRiddles in the Dark I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

Riddles in the Dark

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

Location : In the Tardis! | Brooke: In the Tardis Library, of course.

Riddles in the Dark Empty
PostSubject: Riddles in the Dark   Riddles in the Dark I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 14, 2017 12:13 pm

After sending a text to the Doctor, to let him know the coordinates of where to find her at her new posting, Charity waited. She was on free time right now, after taking the last couple of weeks getting settled in and familiarized with her post orders and everything. A few exciting things had happened but otherwise it was boring on the planet Aquoshillon, and she was getting a bit restless for adventure. Thankfully, the Doctor was only a call or text away. She just hoped he got the message. All she could do was wait...

Once the familiar noise of the Tardis landing had begun to fill the air, Charity grinned and waited until it had fully materialized before quickly slipping inside. Since this was her free time, she was actually wearing civilian clothes for a change. Jeans and boots and a t-shirt; the sort of thing she'd have worn around the farm.
"Doctor!" She greeted him happily, almost bouncing into the Tardis Console room. "I missed you!" She announced, really glad to be back in the odd ship. Adopting a teasingly scolding tone, she asked, "You didn't go off having adventures without me, I hope?" Though she was smiling as she said it, to show she was just joking.
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorcking.com
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Riddles in the Dark   Riddles in the Dark I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 15, 2017 3:02 pm

The Doctor yanked down the main lever, the TARDIS roaring through the time vortex and swirling towards its destination with wondrous speed. When the time machine landed, The Doctor quickly regained his balance and awaited the arrival of his friend Charity through the double doors. A light smile emerged on his face as he watched his friend burst through, "Hello again Charity" he welcomed her, "I'm guessing you fancy a get away?". Flicking switches as he moved around the control console, The Doctor tried to keep from expressing his overwhelming happiness at seeing her again. Unfortunately, for The Doctor, he couldn't help himself when he finally turned to face her as she approached him, "Well..." he began to answer her question, "I definitely tried..sort of got dropped with something. But it's definitely good to have you back".

Embracing Charity in a quick hug, The Doctor pulled back and turned his attention to the spiral staircase below the control room, "There's someone you should meet....Oi!!! Book mark the page for a moment, i've got someone you need to meet!" he called down. Turning back to Charity, The Doctor played off her teasing scold she had given him, "Now technically you were the last person through those doors that i invited..bit of a long story. I did try...sort of..well..for a minute or two before i got too antsy".
Back to top Go down
https://docwhorp.forumotion.org
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Riddles in the Dark   Riddles in the Dark I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 5:14 pm

Charity grinned as she hugged the Doctor, happy to be back with her friend. Then she was quite surprised to hear that he had actually found another friend. She couldn't help wondering how much time had passed for him, since she saw him last, and was now quite curious about this other person.

In answer to his question, while waiting on the other person to emerge, she nodded a little.
"It's very boring on Aquoshillon." She pointed to the planet showing on the monitor, covered entirely in water and one single landing pad full of spaceships. "It's sort of a.. tourist planet, so I see a lot of different people every day," She said, including aliens when she said 'people'. "But I don't ever get to go below the surface and I feel like I'm mostly just there to direct the crowds to the line for the lift." She explained with a sigh. "Or, else, patrolling the spaceport area to make sure people aren't doing stupid things or trying to mess with the ships."

Brooke was quite comfy in a chair in the library, leaning in close to the book as she got quite absorbed in what was happening. Suddenly a voice broke through and interrupted. She blinked a couple of times as she looked up from it, taking a moment as she was slightly disoriented after being so intently wrapped up in the story; one she'd never read before, written several years ahead of her 'current day' time. With a quick glance back at the book, reluctant to tear herself away from it, then did a quick check to see how many pages were left before she reached the end of that chapter. Upon seeing that it was about three more pages, she sighed heavily and inserted a bookmark before slipping the book into her bag, next to her personal copy of Lord of the Rings, and stretched as she stood up, having no idea how long she might have been curled up in that position.

A moment later she entered the console room, fidgeting a bit timidly upon seeing another person there that she didn't know. She attempted a shy smile and found herself toying absently with the charms on her bracelet.
"Um, hi.." She waved a bit awkwardly and wondered if that was enough socialization so she could go back to finishing the book.

Charity gave her friendliest smile to the shy-looking girl who emerged.
"Hi! I'm Charity, nice to meet you." She said cheerfully.
"Brooke." She answered softly, relaxing ever so slightly thanks to Charity's friendly manner.
"Nice to meet you. So you're going to be joining us?" Charity said, with a genuine smile. Brooke shrugged slightly, mumbling,
"I guess so.." Though, she wasn't sure exactly of her place in this. They seemed to be good friends, and she didn't really know either of them, so she just felt a bit out of place and awkward.

Charity smiled at that.
"Glad to have you join us, Brooke." She told her, then turned to smile at the Doctor, a bit amused by his apparent awkwardness. "So, where are we heading? Anywhere fun and exciting?" She asked with a grin. Brooke listened curiously and didn't comment, wondering where they might go. Perhaps it would be somewhere historical, but she didn't feel like she had any right to make any requests, so she just figured wherever the he chose would be good enough.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Riddles in the Dark   Riddles in the Dark I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 10:08 pm

The Doctor stood back for a moment, taking in the moment when Brooke finally met Charity; part of him scared that they may not like one another. However the conversation unfolded nicely, Charity showcasing her friendliness and Brooke becoming a little more comfortable with the situation. When the question arose of the next destination, The Doctor couldn't help but land his eyes on Brooke and the charms that she fiddled with. "Tell you what!" The Doctor proclaimed, turning his body and attention to the control console, "How about we try to solve one of the oldest mysteries in human history?".

With an emerging grin, The Doctor whipped around the console, flipping switches, turning nobs and adjusting various items before resting on the main lever. With a mighty thrust the TARDIS was sent bursting through the time vortex, the longer it was there the more it fell back in time and fixated it's sights on Earth. The interior rocked from side to side until easing down as it began to materialize at its destination. Standing up straight, The Doctor wore a brash grin as he looked towards the door then to both Brooke and Charity, "Behold!" snapping his fingers the doors flew open, "The great Li-" his announcement was cut short by the sight of five men using chisels on huge granite rocks.

White loincloths hung across their bodies with brown sandals to match, their attentions completely fixed on their work and unaware of the sudden emergence of the TARDIS. The Doctor frowned, "That's not right..way to ruin a showcase" he grunted as he reached down to turn a crank. With each turn the outside world sped up; the TARDIS zipping through time until stopping suddenly as it reached the correct time period. "There we are" The Doctor exhaled as he looked outside the doors; half of the view was partially obstructed by a large rock pillar to the right hand side, the other half showcased a large opening to an even bigger building. The building was made entirely of rock and cobblestone, it's vastness apparent by how little was visible from looking through the TARDIS doors. The smell of paper and ink filled the air, the sound of voices and footsteps echoed through the double wooden doors and lured The Doctor in.

Walking halfway down the ramp, The Doctor snagged his trench coat off the coral support beam and peered outside, "Looks like we parked at the entrance" he commented before looking back to Brooke and Charity, "Oh yeah, forgot to tell you. Welcome to the great library of Alexandria!".
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Riddles in the Dark   Riddles in the Dark I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 5:07 pm

Charity was instantly curious when the Doctor mentioned the oldest mystery in human history. She had no idea what that could be. She waited excitedly, grabbing onto something as the Doctor sent the Tardis traveling through time. Brooke, also curious, ventured a bit closer and held onto one of the support column things, and watched the Doctor work at the controls, somewhat interested in all the different levers and knobs and things.

When he flung the doors open, Charity bounced a little in excitement, prepared to eagerly explore this new place, but then he said it wasn't the right place and she frowned in disappointment.
"Aw.." Brooke had peeked curiously out the door from where she stood, but made a face slightly at the sight of men wearing almost nothing, and hid behind the pillar again. Then, before long, they were traveling again. Brooke watched as the Doctor adjusted the crank, curious but staying back quietly.

And then they were arriving at.. a library? Charity couldn't help a fleeting feeling of disappointment. A library? Books? They were alright and all but this didn't sound all that exciting.. she'd hoped for something fun and she couldn't really see much fun happening in some old library.. but seeing Brooke's reaction, she kept quiet and smiled, deciding to go with it and hope that maybe they'd get to go somewhere fun after that.

The library of Alexandria?! Brooke almost couldn't believe her ears. She widened her eyes and stepped out from behind the pillar.
"What? The library.. of ALEXANDRIA? I can't believe it.. Really?" She asked, shocked and incredibly excited. She ran to the door and stared out of it, then couldn't help grinning. "I don't believe it.. we can really go out there?" She asked hopefully, barely refraining from zooming out the door.

While Brooke was eagerly awaiting permission to rush out to explore this library.. though Charity couldn't imagine what might be so special about it, it was clear that there was something that excited the girl about this place.. she stepped a bit closer to the Doctor.
"After this, are we going somewhere a bit more exciting?" She whispered, a bit hopefully. Although, the mystery thing he'd mentioned had her curious.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Riddles in the Dark   Riddles in the Dark I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 3:46 pm

The Doctor nodded his head to Brooke, "What else would we come here for? Just don't wonder off!" he replied to her before turning his attention to Charity. A light chuckle erupted from The Doctor as he slung his arm over her shoulder and began to walk down the ramp after Brooke, "Oh come on Chare! Don't you smell that?! Knowledge! The peak..well..ancient times..peak of intelligence, who wouldn't want to be here?!" he proclaimed. "Besides..every time that i've gone to a library it hasn't exactly gone well" The Doctor added before snatching his trench coat from the coral support beam and stepping out in the new world.

Scholars and citizens alike marched up the elegant steps leading towards the overwhelmingly large entrance to the library. Pillars, that held up the roof, stood in front of the door like bars to a cage; the entrance was so wide a hundred people standing side by side could fit inside. The Doctor looked up at the carvings on the lining marble of the entrance in amazement and growing excitement as the smell of newly etched scrolls filled the air. "Human ingenuity! Brilliant!" He proclaimed with a grin before looking back to Charity and nudging his head towards the interior of the library, "Come on, it'll be fun. Promise".
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Riddles in the Dark   Riddles in the Dark I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 1:46 pm

Brooke grinned and hurried out of the Tardis, then stopped and stared around her as she took in the scene. She was standing in front of the Great Library of Alexandria!

Charity held back a sigh and smiled at the Doctor.
"Alright, if you say so." She smiled and looked at the place. It did look rather impressive, though she wondered what was the big deal about it. She supposed she'd find out before too long. Maybe they'd be able to do more exciting things than sit around and read.

Brooke was anxious to run in and start having a look around, but she stopped herself as she realized something. She ran back into the Tardis.
"I can't wander around there dressed like this.. can I?" She motioned to her jean skirt and tee shirt and sneakers. "I have to get into the proper attire for the time era.. you know?" She explained, hesitating a bit. It would be fun to dress like the locals, but also to wander around in ancient Egypt dressed in clothes from the 2000's would probably draw some odd looks.

Charity grinned a little at the girl.
"I'll show you where we can find costumes." She told her. "We'll be back." She told the Doctor, motioning for Brooke to come along with her. As they headed into the Tardis, she asked, "What is this place anyway? What's all the excitement about a library for?" Brooke, walking with Charity, stared at her for a bit in shock that she didn't know.
"It's the famous library of Alexandria!" She replied, then, seeing Charity's blank look, she took a breath and launched into an explanation about it.

A few minutes later they returned, dressed in appropriate attire for the era. Brooke was just finishing,
"During Caesar's Civil War, Julius Caesar was besieged at Alexandria in 48 BC. Many ancient sources describe Caesar setting fire to his own ships and state that this fire spread to the library, destroying it.. which is just so awful." She sighed heavily. Charity was nodding slowly as she listened to this lengthy explanation.
"That is pretty sad all this was ruined." She commented, glancing at the impressive structure. "But, at least it's here now?" She added with a smile. "You can admire it all you want while we're here, Brooke." In reply to that, Brooke smiled, brightening as she put thoughts out of her head of the place burning, and adjusted her bag which rested at her side as usual.
"I can't wait." She said with a big smile, proving this by heading toward it without waiting for the other two.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Riddles in the Dark   Riddles in the Dark I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 3:35 pm

The Doctor outside the doors of his TARDIS, his hands resting nonchalantly in his pockets and trench coat billowing in the nice cool breeze as it passed by. "So this is what it's going to be like having two women traveling with me at once...I may have took on more than i could handle" He mumbled with a slight chuckle at the thought of them thinking they had to change to fit the times. As he waited, The Doctor watched the various scholars and citizens pass by, none paying too much attention to The Doctor nor his out of the ordinary blue police box.

As he waited his mind began to wonder, Am i out of style? he thought to himself, looking down at his suit and trench coat, Nah! Come on Doctor! You look fantastic. With a smirk, The Doctor exhaled and stepped out from leaning against the TARDIS and approached the entrance. His eyes fixed up at the carvings above the door and over on the pillars that welcomed each person that ascended the stairs. Inside he wondered what would happen to this magnificent building and all the knowledge that lay inside. Would it be destroyed by Caesar? Or was there something else to do with the sudden destruction of the library? The Doctor had always wondered and he was finally about to find out; excitement grew and anticipation sky rocketed to an all time high as he waited for the girls to come out of the TARDIS. I wonder if they'd notice if a few scrolls were missing? No best not steal...well..wouldn't exactly be stealing, more like preserving if you think about it
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Riddles in the Dark   Riddles in the Dark I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 7:31 pm

Brooke eagerly hurried up the steps to the library, stopping in the entrance to just take it all in. She couldn't believe this. It was like some sort of wonderful dream. She inhaled the wonderful scent of books and paper and parchment. Smoothing the Egyptian style dress she was wearing, she set off to explore the rows and rows of bookshelves. She paused to pull out a scroll here and there, figuring she wouldn't be able to understand it, as it was probably hieroglyphics or Latin or something, but was surprised to find that she understood it perfectly.

She widened her eyes, which eagerly skimmed over the scroll. There was no excitement quite like finding a new book.. but this was beyond that. These were scrolls which had been destroyed for ages, and here she was, able to read one! She could barely contain her excitement. She might have even been something close to giddy, and rushed along to another bookshelf to find more scrolls to see. There were so many books here.. books about mathematics, astronomy, physics, natural sciences, and so many others. How many were there in this library? If only she had a few years to spend here.. she might just be able to read them all. And this was only a small part of it! She remembered that there was a museum and stuff here too, and made up her mind she was going to have to go and see all of that before they left.

Then it popped into her mind that these books wouldn't be here much longer. This entire library would be destroyed.. when? The Doctor had said that he wanted to solve the mystery.. that had to be 'how this library was destroyed'. Which meant, he'd probably chosen to bring them to the library very shortly before it burned.

She stopped in her tracks as the horror of it dawned on her. She stood in the middle of the aisles of the huge library, staring sadly at the scrolls surrounding her, and thinking how awful it was that they would be gone, forever, very soon. Glancing back down at the scroll in her hand, she hesitated before looking around a little, then quietly slipped it into her bag, hoping no one would notice, before going on in search of other scrolls, wondering how she could possibly hope to pick a few to save among all these thousands...

Charity smiled slightly as she watched Brooke hurry excitedly into the library. She shook her head a bit in amusement and trailed along with the Doctor, looking around.
"It is impressive." She commented to the Doctor, fighting a bit with the long dress Brooke had insisted she had to wear for this time era. She looked around. "Where are we, anyway? They dress kinda funny.." She frowned about that, but did notice that all the other women around them were dressed similarly, so she figured Brooke must be right about it. She still preferred her own clothes, and decided in future trips to let Brooke dress up in the 'proper attire' and she'd just hope no one cared how she was dressed.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Riddles in the Dark   Riddles in the Dark I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2017 4:00 pm

The Doctor chuckled slightly at the sight of Charity visibly upset with her current attire, "Egypt" he quickly responded to her with a sniff, "Just by the coast to be exact allowing boats to sail in along with the usual people coming from the town". The Doctor stopped conversing with Charity for a moment to gaze his eyes on the seemingly endless racks of scrolls around him. Stone statues of heads of famous people stood at the corners of shelves. The brown and white marble floors glimmered and shined beneath their shoes; paints lined the ceiling above exhibiting images of Gods and magical beings.

Although his eyes trailed the beauty's around him, The Doctor made sure to try and keep an eye out for Brooke despite how hard it was to keep track of her. All he could manage were blurs that would pass by and through book shelves as though she had adopted the powers of The Flash. The Doctor smirked at the thought of Brooke being The Flash before turning his attention to Charity next to him. "I know it's not you're cup of tea" He started, reaching into his suit jacket and pulling out his psychic paper, "But i figured you'd be interested in this" he added before handing it over to her.

Placing his hands into his pockets, The Doctor began to look around once more, "Don't usually get messages from her..but when i do, they're kind of important". As he spoke he thought back to the psychic message he had received, Check out the library of Alexandria..there's something you should borrow..xoxo sweetie.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Riddles in the Dark   Riddles in the Dark I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 12:32 am

Charity listened to the explanation about the place, recalling something Brooke said about ships who came in this port having to surrender their books. She glanced around for some spaceships before realizing he meant water ships. Blushing faintly, she realized this civilization must be too underdeveloped for spacecraft, and nodded a little in reply to the Doctor as they entered the library.

She looked around, impressed by all the stuff, and couldn't help smiling a little.
"It is nice here." She commented, though she had never much liked being stuck inside having to do her schoolwork and preferred running off into the forest to explore and play with her brothers.. climbing trees and exploring caves and stuff, rather than sitting around reading and stuff. Still, she couldn't deny that the place was incredible, and very impressive.

Then there was something more interesting to think about, as the Doctor handed her the note he had. She tilted her head, looking curiously at it as she read the words, and looked questioningly at him.
'Who's it from? What should we be looking for?" she asked, frowning since the note didn't say WHAT to borrow.

Brooke wandered in and out of the various aisles, trying to see everything she possibly could. If only she had a few more weeks here to explore.. she might be able to get a better look at everything. She wondered, though, whether they couldn't just come back here whenever they wanted to.. if they had a time machine and all, why not? But, then there was the thing about crossing your own timeline, sorta like with Harry, Ron and Hermione using the Timeturner, they had to be sure not to let their past selves see themselves and all that. She imagined it could get rather confusing, so.. as disappointing as it was, she figured this might be her only chance to come to this place. Thereore, she had to make the most of it while they were here.

Wandering into one of the lecture halls, she figured that she probably wouldn't be able to understand a word being said, but thought it might still be interesting to take a peek in there. But, to her surprise, she understood exactly what they were saying. How strange.. she couldn't help wondering why they were speaking in English.

She stood listening to the man giving a lecture about mathematics, and recognized quite a lot of what he was saying, from geography and calculus classes she'd taken in high school. Fascinated by what the man was saying, she found herself temporarily forgetting other stuff, and smiled a little. Some of it was familiar, but some was actually a bit new, as if it were new things this guy had discovered and was explaining to these scholars. She noticed a few people wandering in and out of the lecture hall, perhaps some got bored? But she couldn't imagine being bored by this stuff, and ventured a little further in to find a seat so she could better listen.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Riddles in the Dark   Riddles in the Dark I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2017 3:15 pm

The Doctor shrugged as he continued walking with Charity, "Not sure..she doesn't say. She's a bit of a odd one, contacts me every now and then when something is important. I'm guessing it's a scroll though..has to be...hold on..where's Brooke?". Suddenly, the leisurely stroll became a race to find the young woman, The Doctor's eyes wide and coat billowing behind him as he darted down the isles and past people. He stopped to look around but all he could see where the concerned faces of scholars and others, "Oh come on.." The Doctor mumbled, "The one thing i tell people. The one thing!" he told Charity.

Stopping, The Doctor thought for a moment and tried to calm himself down, "Alright..come on Doctor. Just think like Brooke" he told himself, "If i were Brooke where would i go?". Scanning across the library, The Doctor looked for any signs or indications of where Brooke might have wandered off to before spotting stairs going down into one of the lecture halls. A loud voice echoed up from the stairs but was easily masked by the sound of the surrounding countless people. Squinting, The Doctor tried to focus in on the voice and what he was saying, "Sounds like a mathematics....hold on! That's Archimedes! Come on Chare!" he suddenly proclaimed. Grabbing Charity's hand, The Doctor bolted towards the stairs, his eyes landing almost immediately on Brooke who stood by the entrance. Releasing Charity from his grip, The Doctor slowly approached Brooke and stood over her shoulder, leaning in to see the fabled Archimedes as he gave a speech, "Hmm..not bad, bit outdated though" he commented, "Don't wander off..sounds familiar. I think i've said that before".
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Riddles in the Dark   Riddles in the Dark I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 26, 2017 12:01 am

Charity nodded to the Doctor's reply, then became concerned when he started searching for Brooke, almost in a panic. She hurried along with him, looking around for the girl.
"What's wrong? Is there danger here?" She worried, trying to figure out why he was so panicked about finding Brooke. And then he was rushing off toward the voice of someone he apparently knew, while she was running along with him. "Who's Archimedes?" She called after him in great confusion, wondering if Brooke was in danger from this Archimedes person. She was relieved though, once they had found Brooke, and couldn't help smiling a bit in amusement at her enthusiasm for the advanced math stuff which had always bored Charity.

Brooke, caught up in the lesson about pi and mathematics and things, jumped in surprise when the Doctor spoke from behind her, and looked at him with a slightly startled expression. Apparently, he was not happy she had gone exploring, though she wasn't sure what the big deal was.
"Oh.." She glanced back at the speaker, before looking back at the Doctor. "This guy.." She whispered excitedly, unsure of his name, "he's talking about the approximation of pi, and applying concepts of infinitesimals to derive and prove geometrical theorems.. and the method of exhaustion, and.. and.." She trailed off, fidgeting a bit and hoped the Doctor wasn't upset with her. "Sorry." She mumbled, looking downward as she shrank down a little, hoping he wasn't too angry at her.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Riddles in the Dark   Riddles in the Dark I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 26, 2017 1:14 pm

The Doctor chuckled, patting Brooke on the shoulder as he began to focus more on Archimedes and his speech, "No worries! I do it all the time. Looks to be Archimedes! Brilliant man..well..for his time. Sort of a pioneer for advanced thoughts in mathematics. One of the heads of knowledge in ancient times..although it seems..not many people here seem to be too interested". Noting the lack of an audience, The Doctor looked around at the people leaving the auditorium with an expression of displeasure plastered across his face. "Wanna go say hi?" He rhetorically asked Brooke, gesturing to the famous mathematician with his head, "Maybe he'll give you an autograph or something? Isn't that what people now-a-days want from famous people? signatures? That or a picture to post on Twitter".

The Doctors ramble was halted by the sudden reveal on stage down in front of the auditorium; a curtain pushed back to reveal several small mirrors. "Behold! My new invention! We shall destroy the enemies ships with this heat ray formed by mirrors!" Archimedes proclaimed, much to the disapproval of much of the audience, who began to walk out, "Wait! Don't go! I can prove it!". The audience waited, their ears perking up at the thought of a demonstration; as well as The Doctor who leaned in. Positioning the mirrors facing one another and one outwards towards a book, laid on the stage, Archimedes then waited for sunlight to hit the mirror. Once the light hit the mirror, the mirrors all of sudden lit up at once except the one pointed towards the book. The mirrors grew brighter and brighter until the all shot out together and joined at the middle mirror.

The lights from all the other mirrors, and now the middle, joined together to shoot out at the book and cause it to burst into flames. As the book burned, Archimedes kicked one of the mirrors to cancel the heat ray and calm the mirrors down to normal. The audience stood amazed, cheers and clapping occurred almost immediately while The Doctor watched in curiosity and a sharp sense of worry. "That's not right..." The Doctor mumbled, his eyes wide and focused, "That's really not right...".
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Riddles in the Dark   Riddles in the Dark I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 26, 2017 8:37 pm

Brooke couldn't help a very small, almost unnoticeable flinch when the Doctor went to pat her shoulder, then relaxed, hoping he hadn't noticed that. She glanced up and gave a small smile, then widened her eyes at the name he said.
"What? Archimedes? Really?" She asked in shock, astonished as she turned back to look at the guy talking. THE Archimedes? She was hardly aware of Charity leaning against the doorway, probably wondering who in the world they were talking about and what the big deal was.

Absently, she replied to the Doctor,
"I don't have a phone.. or a twitter account..or facebook.." She fidgeted a little at that, figuring she probably sounded really lame or something. "I would like to meet him though.." She started to say, before Archimedes' next words caught her attention and she frowned. "What's he doing?" She focused her attention back on the man who had done so many great things in mathematics and astronomy and science. "He was talking about math.. why's he talking about destroying enemy ships and all that?" She frowned, not really understanding why he would suddenly change topics like this. Charity was looking puzzled as well.
"That doesn't really seem practical.." She mentioned. "You'd have to get just the right angle and wait for the sun to reflect just right.. it'd be more effective using the mirrors and things to blind the enemy.." She mentioned, thinking more of battle tactics and military type things, but trailed off in surprise when the book was suddenly destroyed by the beam of light.

Suddenly realizing that he was about to destroy a book to demonstrate his machine, Brooke gasped in horror, clapping a hand over her mouth for a moment, to stop herself from saying anything, but then decided that no, she shouldn't keep quiet about this!
"No! Not the book!" She cried out in distress, rushing forward to try and stop this atrocity from happening. She was too late though, and cringed as the book went up in flames. Tears starting up in her eyes, she marched up to the stage, feeling so upset she didn't really think about what she was doing. "How could you do that!?" She demanded. "Don't you know how important these are?" She gathered up any others that were lying around, holding them protectively close to her as she frowned at the man who'd just ruined a book. "If you have to do a demonstration you could've done it on a.. a model of a ship or something. And OUTSIDE, geez, what's wrong with you?" She ranted, before suddenly realizing what she was doing.

She froze and backed off a step or two, blushing in embarrassment. She stammered a bit as she spoke, in a small voice, "S..sorry.. I mean.. y-you're a brilliant guy and all.. I've always admired your work, I just.. you know, you can't go around destroying books.." Suddenly wishing she could melt into the floor or turn invisible, she swallowed nervously and looked down at the floor as she hugged the books to her chest, not even noticing that Charity had come up to stand behind her, ready to defend her if necessary.
"She's right, I'm not even that into books but that seems awfully stupid and reckless, using a thing like that in the middle of a library." She pointed out, frowning and really not caring what anyone else thought of the guy, or what the audience thought of this turn of events.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Riddles in the Dark   Riddles in the Dark I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 28, 2017 6:22 am

The Doctor smirked at the sight of Brooke and Charity defending the destruction of the book, "You go girls" he mumbled, standing back and letting them take over. By the time Charity had came into the scene, the audience had silenced completely and even began to move out. Archimedes stood still on the platform, shocked by the sudden burst of defense by Brooke and Charity. "Ladies!" Archimedes began, "So glad you could see the demonstration! You see the book had burned was unwritten, i would never destroy such knowledge. But i have something that shall propel the human race into the next century!". "All right, all right now that's where i have a problem" The Doctor stepped in, walking down towards the platform and approaching Archimedes, "Sorry that was rude wasn't it? Hello my name's The Doctor, big fan" he said shaking Archimedes hand.

Turning to the mirrors, The Doctor flipped on his glasses and began to inspect them. Archimedes immediately began to become defensive, "W-what are you doing sir?" he hesitated, "This is nothing but a superior understanding of-". Archimedes stopped as he realized The Doctor had caught wind of the true mystery behind his mirrors. Turning the mirror around, The Doctor slowly grabbed the attached device; retracting his hand as the steam around it nearly burned him. "Now what would someone like you be doing with something like this?" The Doctor asked Archimedes, eyeing the circular black device carefully, "Hey Charity, think you recognize this? Looks like a rewired heat distributor, bit simple..but still..commonly used for heat in homes, looks like something from your time Charity. He just connected them, centered their heat output to create a beam. That's inspired, no way you got this from a scroll".

Standing up, The Doctor eyed Archimedes with a cold stare, "Tell me the truth...where did you get it?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Riddles in the Dark   Riddles in the Dark I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 30, 2017 10:38 pm

Brooke relaxed slightly upon hearing that it was a blank book, but she still felt uneasy about this device being in the library at all. Continuing to hug the books close to her, she edged back away from the stage and let Charity and the Doctor be the bold ones to talk and do stuff that got them attention.. she was perfectly content to hang in the background and not be noticed by anyone.

Though, she did turn a curious gaze on the mirror device when the Doctor started to expose it for being made of stuff from the future. That didn't make any sense. She frowned in confusion, studying the device that the Doctor had pulled from behind the mirror.
"How..?" She murmured softly, trailing off before she'd spoken up enough to really get anyone's attention drawn to herself. Curiously, she ventured closer to examine the thing. What else was there that wasn't right about this thing? Where could Archimedes have gotten a thing like that?

Charity continued to frown disapprovingly at the man without regard to his fame.
"You still used it in a library." She pointed out. "If my mother'd ever caught me or my brothers playing with anything like that in the house.. ooh you would NOT want to be that person." She shook her head a bit, remembering the severe scoldings that one could have expected in such a situation.

The Doctor's question directed at her drew her attention back to him, and she looked curiously at it.
"Yeah.." She answered, nodding as she tried to understand this. "I thought this was a very.. primitive sort of time era?" She whispered to the Doctor, intending for only him to hear her. "The way Brooke talked about it, they don't even have electricity or anything here.. so how'd he get a heat distributer?"

"Now it makes sense.." Brooke commented, then fidgeted a little uncomfortably when she realized she'd said it out loud. Charity, not having noticed her going closer, turned in slight surprise to hear her speak up.
"What does?"
"Oh.. um." Brooke hesitated, glancing down. "I was just.. remembering a thing, about this invention, you know.. some people tried to test the credibility, you know.. how well it works? And like, modern researchers tried to recreate the effect using only the stuff that would have been available to Archimedes.. It's been suggested that a large array of highly polished bronze or copper shields acting as mirrors could have been employed to focus sunlight onto a ship." She explained quietly, to which Charity listened curiously and a little surprised by how much info she seemed to know.

Brooke continued,
"In 2005 some students from MIT tried to do it but it was like.. it could only work in perfectly clear, sunny conditions, you know? And then Mythbusters tried to do it twice and it failed both times, cause of the length of time and the exact weather conditions it would have to have for combustion to occur. They also pointed out that since Syracuse faces the sea towards the east, the Roman fleet would have had to attack during the morning for the best angle of light and everything, for the mirrors. MythBusters finally decided that regular sort of weapons like flaming arrows or bolts from a catapult, would have been a far easier way of setting a ship on fire at short distances.."

She trailed off as she realized that she'd just given a pretty long rambling of info and Archimedes was probably listening to this and she suddenly felt extremely awkward and uncomfortable and wanted to hide somewhere. Looking downward she tried to finish the train of thought that started this, "So. Um, I was just thinking.. if he'd only used stuff from the proper timeline, it probably wouldn't work.. but if he's got a future-y thingy helping him..." She shrugged and glanced uncertainly at the Doctor and Charity, then at Archimedes.

"Interesting.." Charity looked curiously at Archimedes, ignoring his stammered protests, denying what the Doctor was suggesting he had done. Although she was still a bit confused about why he felt like he needed to deny it. She glanced curiously at him, then at the Doctor and wondered if he had anything to add to that or maybe knew some other stuff that Brooke hadn't mentioned. "So.. what's going on, exactly?"
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Riddles in the Dark   Riddles in the Dark I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2017 3:06 pm

Archimedes hesitated for a moment, peering in between the trio before landing eyes once more on The Doctor. His eyes locked with Archimedes as he brought himself to speaking, "The..the heavens opened up! The Gods gave me this gift! How dare you accuse me of anything else!". The Doctor pulled back, an eyebrow raised and eyes now wandering as he began to process what the man had told him. Leaning, turning over, to Charity The Doctor whispered, "Sounds a bit like what we've been experiencing..maybe we should pay that kid a visit soon. Because if it's bleeding through to all the way back here..could mean bad news..".

Suddenly horns blew through the library, voices cried out some in rage and others in fear. Archimedes' ears perked up at the sound as he and The Doctor began frantically looking around; The Doctor leaping off the stage and towards the exit to see what was happening. The scholars and citizens ran in fear, crowds of people heading towards the exit and to the back of the library. Catching a man passing by, The Doctor held him by the shoulders, "What is going on?", "The Romans! They're here to destroy us! That Caesar wants to rule the world!" the man cried. Pulling away from The Doctor, the man ran off to join the frantic crowd towards the exit.

While panic ensued, Archimedes saw an opportunity; quickly grabbing the main mirror, Archimedes made a dash of the exit. The mirror shook in his arms, his older frame barely able to hold the mirror as he frantically ran out of the auditorium. Hit by the mirror, The Doctor nearly fell over as Archimedes passed by him, "Hey!!" The Doctor proclaimed. Suddenly aware of the danger at hand, The Doctor desperately tried to search for Archimedes in the midst of the crowd. Remembering Brooke and Charity, The Doctor pulled back and ran to the edge of the auditorium, "We have to stop him! Those cells are unstable, if he tries to set it off again it could blow up this entire building! I'm going to head for the exit; stick together!!!" he called down to them.

Turning back to the seemingly endless crowd of people, The Doctor began to try and search for Archimedes, A needle in a hay stack. Archimedes set his eyes on the entrance and on the harbor in front of the library; once filled with singing birds and pristine waters now housed Roman ships, their archers pointed towards them.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Riddles in the Dark   Riddles in the Dark I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2017 9:14 pm

Charity tilted her head at Archy, as she'd decided to call him in her head, and for a moment wondered what he meant about the heavens opening up. Until the Doctor mentioned it was a lot like what they'd been seeing. She remembered the thing that appeared just before the Vashta Nerada had boarded the ship. She widened her eyes slightly and was about to ask Archy something when the horns started up. She jumped and spun around, frowning.
"What's that?"

Brooke looked around in a near panic, paling slightly as she guessed what it might mean.
"Fire.. no.." She bit her lip nervously, hugging her arms around herself. She had to rescue more books! This was her last chance.. and then the whole place would be destroyed forever. All this wonderful knowledge, the books, the beautiful structure.. all gone forever. It was actually heartbreaking to think about. Hearing the guy tell the Doctor that the Romans were here, she understood that the library wasn't yet on fire.. that was a relief, but things were happening really fast and she didn't know what to do.

Charity tried to be helpful, jumping in to try and tell the panicked crowd to keep calm and exit the building in an ordered fashion. Unfortunately, she was mostly ignored and nearly trampled so she hastily got out of the way, wishing she had a whole troop of Imperial Forces officers to help her. In fact, if she had that, they could probably fight off those Roman guys but she didn't know how many they had. She pushed through to get back to where she left Brooke, and was just in time to hear the Doctor saying to keep together.

"What's going on? Who are these Roman people? How can we stop them?" She asked, frowning in concern.
"We can't." Brooke spoke up, very sadly. "They're going to destroy the library.. remember?" She almost looked like she might cry. Charity hesitated a moment, remembering what Brooke had told her when they first got here, and nodded as she turned to the Doctor. He was already heading for the exit.
"Come on Brooke, let's find Archy." She set off into the crowd with Brooke hurrying to keep up.

Hurrying to try and catch up to Charity through the crowd, Brooke wondered if it was at all possible to change the events that ended in this library being ruined. Could it be? If they stopped the fire from spreading, maybe... but that might mess up history or something, or it could cause a lot of other things to happen that wouldn't have happened otherwise.. and that might cause some weird paradoxical things to happen, and she was just not sure if this would work. But it might be worth it if they could save the books?

Pausing to grab a scroll book here and there and slide it into her bag as she followed Charity, she soon found that she was running out of room in her bag, but she had three water bottles that she could take out and fit several more scrolls in. Suddenly she looked around and realized she didn't see Charity anymore. She froze and looked in all directions, squeezing off to the side of an aisle so not to get swept up in the crowd.
"Charity?" She called nervously, having lost sight of her.

Charity kept pushing through the crowd, believing that she was clearing the way for the more timid girl behind her and unaware that Brooke had fallen far behind. She reached the end of an aisle and looked around, trying to catch sight of Archimedes or the Doctor. Not seeing him, she pushed a few scrolls aside and climbed up onto the bookshelf until she could see over everyone's heads. Then she saw the man, hurrying through the crowd. He was easy to spot from up here, carrying the large mirror.

"ARCHIMEDES!" She yelled as loud as she could, her voice carrying in the large building. Hopefully that might make him stop to look around, and maybe give the Doctor time to catch up to him. She searched the crowd for the Doctor, wondering how far away he was. Maybe her yell would help him locate Archy, too.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Riddles in the Dark   Riddles in the Dark I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 16, 2017 10:47 am

The Doctor continued to try and truck through the seemingly endless crowd of frantic people, searching and chasing after the fabled mathematician. His mind was racing over the possible outcomes to this sudden event, what is he thinking?! That thing could blow up this entire library..is this how it all happens? No i have to do something. Finally The Doctor's eyes locked onto Archimedes just as Charity's voice rung out above the crowd. Archimedes turned, stopping for a moment to lock eyes on Charity then falling down to The Doctor behind him, "I can save them!" he proclaimed.

Turning on his heel, Archimedes resumed his pace as he approached the entrance to the library; flopping the mirror down he set it into position. "Noo!! Don't!!!" The Doctor exclaimed, reaching out his hand to try and grab Archimedes as he ran up to him but it was too late. With a slight tilt of the mirror, it caught a glimmer of sun light and began to quickly power up; the device visually struggling and beginning to smoke. Archimedes stared down at the device, "Wha..what is it doing? I don't understand" he mumbled before getting tugged back by The Doctor. His hand firmly grabbed the mathematician by the sleeve and yanked him, causing both of them to fall backwards.

BZZZZZ..BZZZZZ....BOOOOOOMMMMM The device fizzed out and suddenly burst into flames, causing a large explosion. People were immediately knocked back from the wave of energy, some of the pillars holding the entrance up crumbled almost immediately. Flames began to quickly engulf the surrounding books and scrolls; shrieks of terror rang out. Brushing himself off and standing up, Archimedes eyes filled with flame as he looked around him; with fear filling his soul he darted towards the nearest exit. Holding his head, The Doctor slowly regained his balance and tried to stand up; his demeanor quickly changing to frantic as he realized what was happening. "Charity?!!?! Brooke!?!!" The Doctor proclaimed, turning on his heel as he frantically tried to find the two and beginning to run back through the library.

Ash begin to quickly fall down throughout the library as endless books and scrolls began to become engulfed in flame. Screams echoed through the once beautiful halls as Roman soldiers hoped off their ships onto the main land outside. We need to leave...we need to leave now The Doctor thought as he continued to search for Charity and Brooke.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Riddles in the Dark   Riddles in the Dark I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 20, 2017 3:42 pm

Charity hopped down from the bookcase she'd climbed onto, and began pushing through the crowd. Now that she knew the right direction, she was able to make a beeline for where the Doctor and Archimedes were. But, just as she was getting close, there was an explosion. Charity was thrown backward a good ways, and rolled a bit as she hit the ground.

Dazed, she slowly sat up a moment later, her ears ringing so loud she couldn't hear anything else. There was debris and things around her, and she could see people running about in a panic and fire engulfing the bookshelves. She struggled to her feet, swaying a little before getting her balance back.
"Doctor!?" She called, loudly, but she couldn't really hear herself well, for the ringing in her ears. She stepped back as some people rushed past her, fleeing the building. Head for the exit.. that's where she last saw him, right? She turned and saw that some of the pillars had collapsed.

She hesitated, scanning the scene before her in search of the Doctor. She stumbled forward a little, stepping a little clumsily over some burning debris and trying not to get her clothes caught on fire. As the ringing began to subside a little, she heard her name called from the next aisle over. Coughing a little from the smoke, she replied,
"Over here!" She tried to plow her way over the debris blocking her path, trying to get to the Doctor, coughing a little on the smoke.

Brooke, meanwhile, tried to push through the crowd to get to where she thought Charity was, but found she kept getting pushed aside and stuff. She turned down a side aisle, trying to take an alternate route, but found herself lost. Glancing around, she paused to take a better look at a scroll. Then she heard a BOOM! and felt the floor shake a bit under her feet. Eyes widening, she spun around to see where that had come from. Her worst nightmares, it would seem, were happening right now. She could see fire, further down the aisles of bookshelves. The books were going to be destroyed! She stood frozen in horror at this sight, for a long moment. How could this happen? She wished she could do something.. anything.. to rescue them!

Suddenly rushing toward the flames, she wasn't much thinking of her own safety, and tried to grab several books off of the shelves before they could be burned.
"No.. not the books.." She cried in desperation as she tried to think of what could possibly help save them. Then she thought of the obvious. Water. You fight fire with water, right? She hastily pulled out a water bottle from her bag, sliding the scrolls in her hand into the empty space, and took the lid off the water before attempting to splash it at the flames.

By the time she had used up all three of her bottles of water, she had realized that it was not going to do very much to help. She was coughing, struggling to breathe through all the smoke, and had no more water left to even try to put out the flames. This was really not a well thought-out plan, she realized. Doubling over a little from her coughing, she turned to try and hurry away from this spot, only to see a beam, engulfed in flames, come crashing down, blocking her path. Eyes wide in horror, and stinging from all the smoke, she covered her nose and mouth the best she could with her clothes and turned back around to try and see if there was a way out that way.

Beginning to feel lightheaded, and with her lungs burning from all the smoke and coughing, she looked around in panic. What was she going to do? How could she get out of here? She was trapped! Fire blazed on all sides.. and the tall bookshelves blocked her way on two sides, even if they hadn't been burning. Somehow.. it seemed like a suiting way for her to die though; trying to save books. It seemed like the sort of way she would die, didn't it?

Suddenly, when she was sure that she was about to pass out, there were some people who showed up seeming out of nowhere. She heard shouts, and then someone grabbed her.
"No!" She tried to yell at them, but ended up in a fit of coughing and couldn't do anything as she was half dragged, and half carried, away. "Let.." cough cough "..me go..!" cough, cough, cough Her protests were ignored, as were her feeble struggles.

The men who had her were wearing armor of some sort, and she heard one of the call out,
"Check over there, see if anyone else is trapped!" And other things that sort of made her think of how firefighters might act. Were these the Romans? She was confused, why would they be pulling people out of the library that they set on fire? Maybe it was some scheme of Caesar's...

She was still coughing and struggling for breath as she was sat on a bench or something. She was outside now, she realized, and there were other guys in armor standing around. As she coughed and coughed and coughed, trying to breathe, she overheard one of the soldiers talking to someone dressed in fancier armor,
"My Lord! Most of the front end of the library is already being consumed; the fire is spreading quickly. What are your orders?"

Glancing over, she saw that the man had sort of bowed, an the other was wearing fancier armor and she realized there was no other person this could be than Caesar himself. Right now though, she had more important things to worry about. Like breathing. Her hand quickly reached into her bag, searching frantically for the inhaler that she obviously needed. She missed whatever Caesar said to the guy, as she was too busy coughing and trying not to die. With a little difficulty, she managed to use the inhaler, and quickly began to feel relief, her breathing becoming easier, the coughing not so bad. She managed a deeper breath from the inhaler, and soon she found that she could actually breathe with only a cough here and there, lingering from the smoke she must have inhaled.

She looked around, confused about where she was. She was near the sea, in a sort of garden. They must have brought her out a back way. She could see their ships, and other soldiers were still disembarking from the ships that had arrived later than Caesar's. They were hurrying toward the library, though she didn't quite notice that they were bringing with them buckets and things with water from the sea, and capes and blankets soaked in water. She turned to see the library, and tears sprang into her still-stinging eyes to see the smoke billowing from the building, flames showing in some places. How could they do this? Such a marvelous, fantastic and wonderful place, full of so many books, and they'd burned it down! For no reason! Trying her best not to start crying and sobbing, she stood up and wiped at her eyes, though the tears had started down her cheeks and this just smeared the tears with the soot and smoke residue that streaked her face.
"No.." She lamented as she watched miserably, helpless to save the library. "All those books.." She whispered, dismayed and heartbroken by this horrible, unnecessary destruction. Suddenly she realized something else. "Doctor.. Charity.." She gasped. They were still in there! "Doctor!" She took about two steps back toward the library before one of the soldiers stopped her, blocking her path.
"Miss, do you require a physician?" He asked, misunderstanding when she said 'Doctor'.
"No! My friends! They're in there!" She tried to explain in a panic, attempting, in vain, to push her way past him.
"We have men in there searching for anyone who is trapped." He informed her. "They'll find your friends if they're still in there, if they can. You must stay out here, miss. It isn't safe in there." With one hand firmly holding onto her arm, he escorted her back into the midst of the soldiers, while she looked anxiously over her shoulder, worrying about Charity and the Doctor. And she wondered what happened to Archimedes too...
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Riddles in the Dark   Riddles in the Dark I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 06, 2017 2:30 pm

The Doctor covered his mouth with the sleeve of his trench coat, squinting as he tried to search for Charity with his eyes. A large log fell down in front of him, its entirety covered in flames forcing him to step back and away from it's heat. In the distance he heard a distinct yell from over the flames, "Brooke.." he coughed, watching helplessly as she was brisked away by Roman soldiers. His line of sight was quickly covered by the smoke and ashes, losing vision of Brooke by the flames.

His attention was snatched away by the voice of Charity, her voice echoing past the flames and into his ears. He turned with new found energy, "Charity!!" he replied with a shout. Bolting towards her voice, he frantically tried to find her until his eyes locked onto her dark shadow. Reaching out he grabbed her hand then gave her a reassuring nod before motioning to the exit, "Come on, someone has Brooke.." he coughed.

Fresh air; it felt so good hitting The Doctor's lungs as he was finally relieved upon exiting the burning landmark. Soldiers gathered up civilians, trying to assist them best as possible; some barely able to walk down the steps from severe burns. The Doctor's eyes danced over the crowd and soldiers until landing on Brooke a little ways down from the library. She appeared to be being escorted back with a handful of Roman Soldiers, one of which spoke with a general of sorts. "Brooke!" The Doctor called out to her, not caring if attention was drawn to him nor his mind processing the figures identity speaking with the solider.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Riddles in the Dark   Riddles in the Dark I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 1:31 am

Brooke wiped at her eyes again and looked around to see where she was. Then she froze when she saw the guy coming toward her. It was the one they had been talking to, Caesar. He was going to talk to the soldiers that were around her but she began to think, remembering the stuff in the history books, about how Caesar burned the library when he arrived to take over the place.

How could he do such a thing? All those books.. and all the people inside. All of this beautiful place was ruined because of that guy. She felt tears in her eyes again.
"It's.. your fault.." She said as Caesar approached the soldiers near her. He stopped and looked at her in surprise.
"What did you say?" He asked. She hesitated and then, sniffling a little, she pointed toward the library.
"The library.. it was so beautiful.. there were so many books, and.. you burned it all down! How could you do that?" She asked accusingly, and wiped her eyes again. "Why..? all those books, they're gone forever and it's all your fault.. what kind of.." She was interrupted by one of the soldiers grabbing her arm to pull her away.
"How dare you speak to the Emperor that way!" He asked, shocked and horrified. Caesar waved a hand to have the guy let her go, and Brooke pulled away from the guy hastily, and glared at him before turning back to Caesar angrily. "Burning the library was really not smart you know.. you want to take over everything in the world and.. the biggest and most marvelous library ever and you.. burned it." She sniffled and went on. "Books.. they've got knowledge in them.. and knowledge is power, you know.. so you would've been smart to keep it.. take the library over but don't burn it.. but it's too late now and.. and everything's ruined.. and my friends might be hurt, or.." She realized she couldn't say the rest of that.

Charity coughed and hurried to get to the Doctor, trying to cover her nose and mouth to keep out the smoke. She was worried when she heard that Brooke was.. taken captive? She wasn't sure if that was what he meant but she thought it was probably a good idea to get her back quickly. She was glad to get to fresh air, and coughed a bit before taking a deep breath of it.
"Why do those soldiers have her?" She asked in concern. What would they want with Brooke? She stayed close to the Doctor and wondered if they were going to have to rescue her.

Caesar folded his arms and waited for her to be done.
"Young lady, I don't know where you got the idea that I am responsible for this, but it seems to have escaped your attention that my men are helping the survivors escape from the fire.. which started before we arrived." He pointed out calmly. Brooke looked at him in confusion.. this didn't make sense. The history books couldn't be wrong.. could they? She looked over at the burning library and back at Caesar.
"But.." She began, but stopped, thinking for a moment. "That can't be right.." She frowned in confusion and then thought she heard her name, and glanced around.
Back to top Go down
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Site Owner
Site Owner
10th Doctor/Eric Jason

PostSubject: Re: Riddles in the Dark   Riddles in the Dark I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2017 4:44 pm

The Doctor glanced around at the soldiers taking care of burnt and injured men and women; thinking deeply before returning to look at Caesar and answer Charity. "They seem to be helping with the recovery process..helping the injured and all that" He commented, his presence now becoming aware to the Roman soldier next to Caesar, his hand resting on the hilt of his sword as The Doctor approached, "Halt!". The Doctor held out his hand, as a sign of defensiveness, instinctively, "Hail Caesar!" he started, grabbing Caesars attention, "I heard assistance was required. Does this citizen need medical attention? I'm a Doctor". Caesar approached The Doctor and Charity, eyeing them both, "I don't recognize you from my battalion. Where are you from? Where is your paperwork?" he asked The Doctor.

Reaching into his suit, The Doctor flipped out the psychic paper and handed it over to Caesar, "Yes, sorry my Lord". Upon opening the pamphlet, Caesars eyebrows raised, "Pompey sent you..a personal physician it says. Interesting" he thought aloud as he looked back up to The Doctor. "I just fought with Pompey in the Gallic Wars..he is a good friend. And if he appointed you then i too will accept your help." Caesar proclaimed, handing The Doctor back the psychic paper, "Look after this girl while we wrap up here. She does not seem injured but it is possible. Thank you sir".

With a nod, Caesar motioned for the soldier to move aside and let Brooke pass through and to The Doctor and Charity. With a quick turn, the two left the group alone and back to focusing on the injured that lay scattered across the harbor. Turning to Brooke, The Doctor placed his hand on her shoulder, "You okay?" he asked, "How about we go save some books ey?"
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

PostSubject: Re: Riddles in the Dark   Riddles in the Dark I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2017 11:01 pm

Charity walked along with the Doctor, saluting to the soldiers and to the one that was apparently the emperor; more on instinct than anything, as she didn't think about the fact this was not HER emperor, and not knowing that they wouldn't have female soldiers in this time era.
"Doctor!" Brooke exclaimed softly upon seeing him approach. She was relieved to see him and Charity there, seemingly unhurt. She was so glad to see them, having feared they were trapped inside. She sort of felt like rushing over to them and maybe hugging but she held back, since she saw that he was sort of busy and speaking with Caesar and the soldiers.

She waited until he had finished, then nodded when he asked if she was ok. She almost sort of thought about hugging him now but it sort of seemed like the moment was gone and now she felt a little too awkward to initiate that, so instead she wrapped her arms around herself, almost as if hugging herself instead. She shrank back a little self consciously as he put his hand on her shoulder.
"I'm not hurt or anything..." She replied, though she wasn't sure whether it was true to say she was 'okay', unless she didn't count the fact that all those books were burning as part of her being 'okay'. "I'm glad you're both alright.." She said this a bit more shyly before looking downward. "I didn't mean to get away from Charity... I'm sorry. I didn't mean to cause any trouble..."

She almost immediately looked up at him again when he asked if she wanted to rescue some more books.
"Can we?" She glanced back at the library uncertainly, though hopeful that maybe there were still some books that could be salvaged. "I mean... it's not safe, is it? Is there.. do we have anything to hold them in? I... tried to save some but my bag got full..." She also wondered if there might be any other people in there, but it seemed that the roman guys were pulling people out and she didn't see many more people being pulled out of there.

Charity looked from the Doctor to Brooke, uncertain about whether this was a good idea.
"You aren't serious? I mean... it's sad that the books are burning but come on, your lives are far more important." She frowned. "Please, don't risk your lives just for some books, there's probably other copies of them you know." She hesitated. "But, if you insist on doing this.. I'll help however I can." She added with a soft sigh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Riddles in the Dark   Riddles in the Dark I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Riddles in the Dark
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Doctor Who RP :: Role Plays :: Closed RP's-
Jump to: