Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
Shop Girl with a Kick I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
Shop Girl with a Kick I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
Shop Girl with a Kick I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
Shop Girl with a Kick I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
Shop Girl with a Kick I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
Shop Girl with a Kick I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
Shop Girl with a Kick I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
Shop Girl with a Kick I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
Shop Girl with a Kick I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Shop Girl with a Kick I_vote_lcapShop Girl with a Kick I_voting_barShop Girl with a Kick I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Shop Girl with a Kick I_vote_lcapShop Girl with a Kick I_voting_barShop Girl with a Kick I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

Shop Girl with a Kick

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

Shop Girl with a Kick Empty
PostSubject: Shop Girl with a Kick   Shop Girl with a Kick I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 8:34 am

((Closed for Nine, Rami, and Mal))
The 5000's was an era known for technological and medical advances, discoveries, and trials.  They were through the roof in the eyes of a twentieth century human being, having capabilities one would think only possible in a Hollywood movie.  But to everyone working on them, these advances opened up many doors and opportunities.  Most of which led to a better life for any who inhabited New Earth, Earth and planets within a two light year radius of either.  Other doors were kept hush, hush for reasons that seemed too evident for the employees of Torchwood...

Torchwood Head Estate, New Earth, 5378

Screams were tearing at the ears of the five researches within the lab, three of which were trying to re-restrain the subject on the table.  Mal looked on at the commotion with a frown on her face, observed as the other two scientists continued their gruesome tactics from before.  "If he dies, so do you."  She hissed into the intercom to her left.  It caused the men to look at her and then at one another, making a point to take more care with what they were doing.

Satisfied, Mal moved away and to the elevator at the end of the hall.  Once on it, she pushed the main floor button and waited as the lift took her upwards.  It opened up soon after and she strode out, snatching her overcoat from the assistant coming to greet her, and moved on to the outside world.

The air was cool and smelled of pears and apples, the sky only had a few stray clouds drifting along.  A wicked grin crossed her face as she watched for several moments. She proceeded to look at her watch.  "And so it goes!  Come to me, lovelies."  

With some quick tinkering she set coordinates into her vortex manipulator before staring up at the sky once more, listening as the sound of running ships came from behind her.

The air crafts passed overhead, eight of them.  They were large, remained in the air thanks to the turbines on each wing.  Mal laughed again as she watched the ships fly upward, a red beam shot out of the front of each one and forced open a red portal.  All of them went through and the portal shut with a ripple through the sky, like one might see after dropping a rock in a pond.  

Finally, everything was making sense to her.  It was just making much more sense then her life before.  The fog of her twenty, twenty-three years of life simply lifted once the ideas started coming.  The real ideas, the goals, the point of life.  And while her main plan was set in action, she had another to put into effect.  "Don't wait up for me."  She cooed into the headset to all who shared in the possession of the small device.  With a swift swipe she removed it and shoved it into her pockets, and finally pushed down on the manipulator's button and shot through the vortex.

London, Earth, 2014

Mal appeared in the crevice of an alley, glancing around and smelling the polluted air of the city.  It was safe to say she didn't miss it, but she'd always come back as long as everyone cooperated at their due time.  

Right now, she was under the radar, not even a blur to be mentioned.  And that was the way she was going to keep it until it festered and festered and spread outward, allowing her to seize all in her grip.

But the world wasn't her focus right now, no, a single man was.  She really ought to thank him, and that was her full intention.  Well, that and other things.  

Mal hummed and stepped out of the alley, hands behind her back as she walked.  People glanced at her but never really stared, not caring at all who she was or why she was there.  And that thought caused her to sneer.  They would never overlook her if they had any idea who she became in their future.  Their king.  Or reckoning.  The human race, though they seemingly craved servitude,  never surrendered under anything they saw as a threat.  Unless that threat was one of their own.  She would have to weasel her way into their trust as she had on New Earth.

It took her two hours to get there, but she was there, standing on the roof of the Royal Hope Hospital with her fingers fiddling with the gadgets in his pocket.  If he knew where she got them, he would be angry.  And she wanted that.  Tilting her head up and staring down at the passerbys, she shouted, "Good bye, cruel world!"  Mal spread out her arms for show, stepping up to the ledge and appearing like she was going to jump.  Her eyes flashed with amusement though she managed to wipe the grin from its place.  If this didn't get his attention, plan B certainly would.  She'd just wait a few more seconds.

5.... 4.... 3.... 2....
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Shop Girl with a Kick   Shop Girl with a Kick I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 1:52 pm

"Really. Jumping from a hospital building is a little over-dramatic." The Doctor said with an amused tone from behind Mal. He had been there for a minute or so, watching as she stared out over the city and debating on if he should say anything or not. "Would have thought you'd have more sense than this, actually." He added, nodding towards the ledge she stood on then tucked his hands into his pockets as he studied her back in silence. Of course, he knew those damn memories she had were bound to unlock once she reached a certain point in her life. It was only natural her body would recognize the moment as one from a memory and unlock it for her to see from the original point of view.

"Mal, care to explain how you got here?" He finally asked, already suspecting the answer, after all, he saw her use the vortex manipulator once or twice already. Who was to say she didn't keep it for later use? How else would she end up in a future too far ahead from where she started off? "Or even give me some sort of explanation as to why your standing on the edge of a hospital building and giving several humans down below heart-attacks from seeing you in that position?"
Back to top Go down
Ramona Eden
Student
Student
Ramona Eden

PostSubject: Re: Shop Girl with a Kick   Shop Girl with a Kick I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 5:07 pm

She leaned against the roof-top door watching them. Did she fear for this woman's life? Did she honestly really care? She didn't know, nothing came to mind as she watched the interaction. He'd only just picked her up and set the coordinates for somewhere in the Medanna galaxy when suddenly they were spiraling back to modern day Earth, or a year ahead of her modern day, and maybe not New York but London instead. She'd never been to London before and she wasn't sure how she felt, tall buildings, bustling people. A cement jungle to rival New York itself in her opinion, he'd tried rattling off a few facts about the place but she couldn't remember a one. She'd have to find her own form of interest at a later date but for now she was content to observe the Doctor harass this woman.

He clearly knew her and she pondered whether this woman had been a companion of his, another girl like Robin he'd found to drag away with him. So why was she trying to throw herself off of the roof if she'd had that sort of experience? Ramona couldn't fathom giving up life after it had just gotten started. She exhaled heavily and blew the hair out of her face, hazel eyes closing as she felt the roiling tension in the Doctors mind. This was cause for a niggling ounce of worry and she opened one eye to look again, something was bothering him. She reached out and ran a comforting hand across his thoughts with a smile. He didn't need to get worked up, just save her life and move on.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: Shop Girl with a Kick   Shop Girl with a Kick I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 6:47 pm

Hm, looked like plan B wouldn't need to be, he showed up just as she assumed. Well, it was a brilliant backup for "just in cse" precautions. "I'm going to jump!" Mal said in a frantic tone, working up her face to match the voice she took on. She wanted to make him think she went completely off her rocker, that she was actually planning to end her life due to the now opened doors within her mind. He knew time would unlock them and so here she was pretending this was the first day the locks broke though in reality it had been over two years. "I-I'm tired of them... th-the thoughts. I've been so afraid for so long, seen myself as w-worthless and a-as nothing. Because I was... I was! B-but it's all in the past now... because I won't be here soon, Doc... I'll be gone. I want it to change, the worthlessness. I want it to end. This is the only way I see it ending..."

Her arms slowly lowered to her side though she didn't step off of the ledge, instead she leaned over it to give the people below another look, hearing as their murmurs increased. It was funny how much they seemed to care only when someone had seemingly reached their end point. That or they were just interested in a good show.

After a moment to work it up, Mal turned around, crying and looking just as desperate as she had the last time the Doctor saw her in that musky basement. "I-it doesn't matter how I got here... i-it just doesn't matter any more. Don't you see? It needs to end... my life of cowardice an-and suffering and confusion and worthlessness. You must have seen this coming... the day I ended. You can see everything after all, can't you? And so it must be... The End." Of course she wasn't referring to actually killing herself but she hardly doubted the Doctor would know that. After all, she had mentioned the last time that her "frail, old" self had contemplated death as the only escape from her future. But that was when he had locked the doors in her mind, meaning he'd think the unlocking of them would have been traumatic for Mal, quite possibly leading her to a buildings edge.

To her the words she spoke had meant her old self had already died. She had been burnt from existence so her phoenix could rise from the ash and reign a new body of fire and resilience. Soon, oh so soon, she would set the worlds ablaze.

Ramona caught her attention then, causing surprise to flash in Mal's eyes as she stared at the girl. Mal's hazel eyes flickered to the Doctor then back to Ramona. A new companion? So soon? Surly Robin was still alive and functioning... so why would he take on a second? Mal hardly thought that was the kind of man he was but she had been wrong before. The questions were now grinding in her brain, the majority "who" was this girl and "why" was she chosen to travel with the Doctor?

Mal didn't even say anything and this left her to just stare until she finally turned back to the street, letting a single foot hang carelessly over the edge so she was only balancing on one leg. The people underneath gasped which caused the brown-haired girl to mentally squeal in pleasure while her appearance still reflected a desperate woman facing her life's end.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Shop Girl with a Kick   Shop Girl with a Kick I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 9:09 pm

Frowning slightly, the Doctor took a small step forward, a hand reaching out on instinct to grab the woman before she was sent tumbling to the ground below, but from the way she was balanced, should she shift one degree to the back, they'd both end up free-falling towards a very painful end. "Mal, step off of that ledge, you're beginning to act like the rest of these apes on this planet! I wouldn't take you with me if I thought you were thick, now step off of that damn ledge!" He snapped, not caring that his usual calm shattered at the thought of Mal laying broken on the concrete below.

Without hesitating again, he lunged forward and grabbed her into a hug around the middle, using his feet against the edge of the ledge to send them tumbling back to the roof where he landed hard, Mal still clutched in his arms. Feeling the wind rush out of his lungs, the Doctor groaned slightly in discomfort. No one liked that feeling, he reflected silently while rolling over onto his side and pushing the woman away from him so he could prop himself up on one hand. "What the hell is wrong with you!" He shouted at his friend, eyes locked onto her figure. "What got into that stupid little head of yours to go jumping off of buildings! You're smarter than that, honestly, you think I'll be around to save you every damn time you do something stupid, well I won't be! What happens the next time you decide to try to fly again, hm? I won't show up, in fact, I'll be sure to keep myself far away as possible just so you'd learn a damn lesson!"
Back to top Go down
Ramona Eden
Student
Student
Ramona Eden

PostSubject: Re: Shop Girl with a Kick   Shop Girl with a Kick I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 9:27 pm

In less than an instant Ramona decided that she did care about the woman's life, but to be honest she wasn't sure if it came from her perilous stand on the edge. It happened so fast that she caught the tail end of it before she opened her eyes, vivid spines of anger and pain, an icy flow of worry and heated concern impaled her mind and she winced visibly. But he wasn't paying attention, he was angry, he was upset. He was mad. He was shouting, hurtful things, things he couldn't mean and she wouldn't know because she severed her connection to him in the span of a second as she unfurled her arms from her chest and took a step forward. The woman lied on the ground beside him, he was propped and yelling, eyebrows creased in fury as he said things she knew he'd regret. Because he did regret. He did so much. And she hated it. But what business did she have to interfere with this? His rage was over things she clearly did not know or understand and that alone made her uncertain.

But what was uncertainty to her? When had that ever stopped her from moving forward? Look at her now, standing on a rooftop in London a year ahead of her own time. What the hell did that have to say about uncertainty?

Ramona shifted forward with the air of someone who wasn't about to put up with any bull. The Doctor needed to calm down and whoever the woman was- Mal needed to keep her cool. She crouched down and in one fluid movement pressed her hands against the mans chest, pushing back as she reached around to rest a hand on the woman's shoulder. "Alright kids let's keep this civil," And she really did feel like she was dealing with a pair of children. Despite the fact that only  moments ago this chick had been daring to end her life on a rooftop, the atmosphere was now vastly changed and she suspected she'd have a tantrum on her hands before long. Ramona made a point of locking the doors in her head, preventing any form of persuasion or mental contact from the Doctor. She was firm in her decision, whipping her head around to stare at him.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: Shop Girl with a Kick   Shop Girl with a Kick I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 9:54 pm

Oh, he was angry. Anger sparked from fear. He was afraid. The thought sent a shiver down her spine as all the ways she could twist that fear for her benefit flashed in her head. It was brilliant, perfect... but not quite what she was looking for. No, it was something more vulnerable she craved. It was just a matter of fingering out which buttons to push to bring out said vulnerability that caused Mal to stop and truly consider her actions. And as she worked her brain, the Doctor made his move, pulling her into a hug and crashing the two of them to the ground. She grunted and rolled away the first chance she got, trying to hold back the laughter that threatened to bubble out of her throat.

Mal stood with a small spring and glared at the Doctor like he had insulted her. The tears had stopped flowing though a few leftovers ran down her cheek. Ramona's movement registered from her peripherals though she was more focused on answering the Doctor's words of rage, "Oh, so you'd finally leave me alone like I've wanted all along? That's a lie and we both know it. You can hardly keep away from me. As I have learned I can hardly keep away from-"

Contact was made with Mal's shoulder and Ramona's hand, causing her to stop her string of words and break her gaze from the Time Lord to instead stare intently at Rami. She brought her right hand up and covered the other girl's with it. "Who are you?" She turned her voice into that of great care that reflected naive curiosity and interest. It was easy to make someone answer that way, easier still if you had the ability to influence. The want to answer Mal's question soaked into Rami's mind through the link she had brought up through the physical touch. At least it would quell the burning curiosity in Mal's mind, the girl's name. She began to wonder if she should convince this girl travelling with the Doctor to leave once she answered since Mal didn't want any interruptions.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Shop Girl with a Kick   Shop Girl with a Kick I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:01 pm

Widening his eyes slightly at Mal's tirade, the Doctor reached out then paused at the sudden change in tone she shared with Ramona. No, she wouldn't do that to her, she hated using that damn power of hers! Finishing what he was doing, he gripped Ramona's arm that was holding him down and tugged her away from Mal, carefully situating the younger woman behind him as he got to his feet again. "Don't you dare." He managed to get out from between deep breaths as his lungs finally accepted the oxygen around him. "Mal, those memories are playing with you again. Let me help you, why won't you just accept the fact that I bloody care!" He shouted, his eyes locking onto her, a flash of worry crossing over them before vanishing once more.

Something wasn't right with her, something was off and he had to stop whatever it was before it ended up destroying her. Taking a deep breath to calm himself, the Doctor turned to Ramona, his face set in an expression that left no room for argument. "Go to the TARDIS. I don't want you to ignore me this time, Ramona. Just listen to me and get inside, lock the door and don't open it for anyone." He said in a low undertone, his hand gripping hers for a moment before letting go and turning his attention back to Mal. "I told you, I won't leave, and I don't plan on doing that anytime soon. I'm stuck on you for very obvious reasons, and you know this."
Back to top Go down
Ramona Eden
Student
Student
Ramona Eden

PostSubject: Re: Shop Girl with a Kick   Shop Girl with a Kick I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:11 pm

One moment she was being probed by a powerful mind that made her own shriek in complaint and static echo against the back of her eyes. Then she was being jerked to stand behind the Doctor as he forcefully removed her from the spot, warning the woman off of whatever she'd been doing. What had she been doing? Was this woman a telepath also? Did she also have the ability to communicate with the Doctor? Questions swam in front of her eyes as the Doctor turned to her, his face severe, serious, he meant every word. He wanted her to go away, wanted her to disappear from this situation so that he could handle it on his own. And she wouldn't have minded except for the fact that something lodged itself in her chest and refused to budge. She didn't want to go, didn't want to listen and she was fully prepared to balk. Clearly there was something personal happening and from their earlier reactions to each other she would have assumed this Mal person was just another companion.

Now she wasn't so sure. She wanted answers.

She went to speak but he had turned from him with an air of finality, a stillness in his eyes that told her all she needed to know. His next statement made a zipper rip through her spine and Ramona trembled for just a moment, casting her eyes down and striding back toward the TARDIS. 'Can't leave her alone for obvious reasons, he's in love,' her mind suggested tentatively and she lashed out, pushing the thought away. She wouldn't even entertain the idea that any of this involved such a precious thing as love. This was madness, and all she wanted to do was help make it go away. But he didn't want her there, suddenly this wasn't about exploring the stars it was about saving the life of a girl he knew far better than her, liked far better than her, and probably... Probably loved. She flinched and punched the TARDIS door, briefly surprised that it opened willingly under the abuse and she hissed at the furious hum that greeted her. Let it be angry, she was beyond anger.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: Shop Girl with a Kick   Shop Girl with a Kick I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:39 pm

"Obedient." Mal said after Ramona, her eyes glued to the other woman like a hawk's to a mouse. It wasn't until she was completely out of site that she returned her attention to the Doctor. Her expression was still soft and caring, her eyebrows bent upward like she was concerned with the way the Doctor was feeling. "You care about me? Obvious reasons? Well, that would explain why you caved in when I was struck with Delirium all those months ago. Perhaps you love after all. The feeling would be mutual, darling." She moved forward then, unblinking as she placed a hand on his chest, sliding it up to his shoulder.

"I love you, Doctor. I love the thought of you being mine." The smile couldn't be held back any longer, the half grin stretched and caused her face to take on an odd look. It wasn't often Mal smiled in her past and even if she did it was either small or the whole toothy grin. "It just really gets me going to think you would listen to me like that" Her index finger jabbed in the direction Rami went off to. "I want you to know how it feels to obey someone with power and authority. Because that's what we, the companions, live with daily, and I hardly think you understand. I want you to understand. And obey. And to be mine."

Mal removed her hand from her shoulder then, moving it to his jaw so the tips of her fingers danced across his skin as she toyed with it. "I'd say I have a lot of power now considering I've grown into place. I've grown into the place I was meant to be on all along. Why did I ever fight it? It's all so clear now, why everything was the way it was. I needn't be afraid. And neither should you. Just simply... kneel. You would for her, wouldn't you? Well, think of me as her since we are very much the same." The 'her' was currently undefined, but Mal knew he would understand shortly...

And so she leaned in a little closer to continue, "I went back into my past and set up the possibilities for today. The meteor, the disappearances, the vortex manipulator and so much more of my history. I have created something wonderful for myself: a future, hope, a focus. I created myself." The words should have been familiar to the Doctor. But if that didn't do it, her ending punch should. Mal rose to her toes to brush her lips against his ear, whispering, "Bad Wolf."

Before he could really react Mal was backing away, out of reach and gaging his reaction with a large smile on her face and a look of desire in her eyes. "You are right, we are drawn together too tightly now. There's no way you can leave me. But there's no way this will end pleasantly unless you do one thing for me. Just one. Kneel."
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Shop Girl with a Kick   Shop Girl with a Kick I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:54 pm

Gritting his teeth tightly, the Doctor stared at Mal in disbelief. How could someone so kind and caring turn into someone like this? She was nothing like Rose! Rose did everything she did to protect him, to save him from the death he knew would come on the GameStation. How could she possibly hope that would work on him. Clearing his face of emotion, the Doctor shook his head and took a step back from Mal, his mental touch already reaching out reflexivity for Ramona as he did, needing to check, to see if she was alright. "I don't kneel. To anyone, your not the Mal I knew... I could never love someone like you, enjoying the power you hold over people, testing them, pushing them to their limit."

Falling silent, he studied her with what could only be sadness, his blue eyes trailing over her face sadly. "You're too much like me. You've done these things to yourself to save yourself from a past that had already happened, Mal. What more would you hope to accomplish." Shaking his head sharply, the sad expression vanished from his face to be replaced by one of cold calculation. "As far as I'm concerned, you aren't Mal anymore. I don't love you, I loved her... But not in the fashion you think." He snapped, his irritation at the situation finally making itself known. "I loved her like I love my companions. I swore to protect her, and you... You don't count."

With that said, he turned around and stalked back to the TARDIS, ignoring every instinct in his body to turn around, go back! To talk to her, go back! To try and help her see reason again. Go back damn you! Go back and save her, you promised! You promised to be there! Shoving the TARDIS door open, the Doctor stalked inside and shoved it closed behind him sharply, barely registering Ramona as he strode up to the console and began to flick the levers at a fevered pace, needing to get away, needing to put space between him and one of his closest friends. Once was a close friend, he cared for her, might have loved her, but his worry about her overshadowed that on a constant basis. No matter, she didn't need him and he sure as hell didn't need another human ape mucking up his life.

Finally, he leaned his hands on the edge of the console in front of him, glaring down at the grating under his feet as he struggled to keep his emotions in check. "Right, off we go. Where to? Io for skating, maybe Mariun for the beach, fantastic weather there, they control it with atmosphere dampers..." Trailing off, he let out a low sigh, knowing full well he couldn't full Ramona, she could feel the riot of emotion rolling off of him right now. "I need to go. Get away from here..." The Doctor pleaded suddenly, jerking his head up to look over at her with a frown pulling at his lips. "I can't... I don't want to see her like that. Just... Distract me."
Back to top Go down
Ramona Eden
Student
Student
Ramona Eden

PostSubject: Re: Shop Girl with a Kick   Shop Girl with a Kick I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 11:07 pm

One moment she was blissfully alone and then suddenly the conundrum of her life came striding through the door, slamming it closed with a desperate click. She noted this away beneath the swell of anger that surged against her desire to ask him what was wrong, what had she missed? It hadn't been long, just a few measly minutes and he was done? Something was terribly wrong and it only served to fuel the fury that rippled just under the surface. He rambled, tight-lipped and rigid with a form of despair she had seen in many throughout her life. It was the despair of one fighting against a decision that they didn't want to make, but had no choice. He was protecting her, from him? From herself? She could not tell and cast the notion to the wayside. It was only when he jerked up to look at her, begging her to distract him that Ramona lowered her mental shields and surged into his head.

A cold shower of fury met his gentle probes of concern, she lunged forward almost just as he'd finished speaking, coiling back her fist and throwing it at his face. Ramona was an incredibly patient woman in all reality but this- This was ridiculous and she couldn't stop the broken anger that rolled off of her in waves. Where the hell was it all coming from, her madness, her chaos over the possibility that he might love that strange woman. So much so that even his desperation failed to register in her mind and she jumped, wrapping her hands around his neck and pressing her feet against the console, caging him in as she embraced him.

"Why won't you just stop." She stated, voice faltering as a flood of misery fell upon her as the true colors of his hurt and heart-break sprinkled against the hot river of her hatred. She didn't know what to do, she was so confused. The Medanna galaxy, the strange woman, his sudden actions of coldness when she felt they were supposed to be a team. The least he could have done was let her help and it burned that he had spurned her. Burned and twisted in her heart that he had pushed her away to be alone with this woman when this adventure had been meant for her. Her mind was open, every thought, feeling, and image pouring as purely as salt into a bitter wound on the table-top. She just wanted him to let her help, why couldn't he understand that. "Why!" She gasped.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: Shop Girl with a Kick   Shop Girl with a Kick I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 11:44 pm

"Oh you will... You will, Doctor. I swear it to you! On my final breath, even if I have to be six feet under you will kneel before your days are over." Mal had listened to his words calmly, had observed his expressions and emotions as he spoke and did not feel a single tug of empathy. But as soon as he was walking away to make his retreat her face had snapped into rage, her voice an angry snarl as she shouted. "Run! That's all you know how to do. Me? I've finally stopped, finally turned and embraced everything I have once feared. But you're the coward now! Too afraid of where your demons might take you. That makes you weak! That makes you scum!"

Mal turned away from the offending blue box in her line of site, briskly taking a few steps away and growling to herself as she tried to retrieve some form of control. She hated him, she felt certain of that. She always had in a way. And it wasn't until her life fell into place that she understood why. He had held her back for so long...

"Plan B, then." Mal muttered to herself, running her gloved, left hand over her face before letting it fall. Plan B wasn't for fun. Not at all. She replaced her look of rage with that of glee, the emotional change quick and easy. "I dearly hoped it didn't have to come down to this. But if you won't obey, I'll break you. Starting with your hearts." He wasn't even there any more to hear her but Mal had developed a horrible habit of talking to herself. "Initiate Plan B."

The sky started opening up in patches of red, the same red portals used to transport the air crafts back in Earth's future. But it wasn't ships lingering on the edges of the wormholes, it was a sickly familiar shape. Bombs. They dangled over London threateningly and caused Mal to burst into a fit of laughter again. "Hello, London! It's time to meet your reckoning. I'm so, so, very sorry for what I'm about to do. Oh wait, no I'm not. Bahaha!"
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Shop Girl with a Kick   Shop Girl with a Kick I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 11:52 pm

Once Ramona's fist connected with his face, the Doctor stood there, shocked at what happened before being engulfed into a hug, her small face pressing against his shoulder as she simply washed him with her emotions, strong emotions, happy, sad, angry... His eyes widened slightly, entire body frozen in shock before finally he hesitantly wrapped his arms around her, for once welcoming the touch as he grit his teeth against his own mental state, forcing it back, locking it away like he always did.

A sudden sharp beeping from the controls behind him caused his head to jerk up and glance over at the screen with a frown at the image being shown there. "No." He murmured, pulling Ramona away and turning around fully to stare at the screen, his hands gripping the edge of the console tight enough to turn his knuckles white. "What is she doing! Humans, you take what you can, and when one person tells you no, you destroy everything around you in a hissy fit!" He shouted, completely forgetting Ramona stood next to him as he glared at the screen.

Turning around, he bolted for the TARDIS door and yanked it open so he could step outside and see for himself what he saw in there on the smaller screen. "Mal, what are you doing!" He yelled, fists clenched at his sides as he stared towards her form, anger sparking off of him in waves as he struggled to understand what she was pulling. Why did she do this? Why would she turn herself into something like this?
Back to top Go down
Ramona Eden
Student
Student
Ramona Eden

PostSubject: Re: Shop Girl with a Kick   Shop Girl with a Kick I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 12:11 am

She trembled as she was slipped off of him as he turned frantically tot he controls. He knew, he understood. She could stop now and she did. She stood there quietly, the anger simmering to an all-time low as she watched him move, listened to the confused jumble in his head. The woman was crazy, insane.

'She's going to kill him.' her mind stated bluntly. She had no memory to look back to for an idea as to why she'd think such a thing, but it was just there. A fleeting space in her thoughts clogged by the utter sadness that this man was going to die at this woman's hand. Ramona stood silent as he dashed for the door and threw it open, crying out in confusion and anger. Fear exploded into his mind and then it was gone as he righted protective barriers. Forever defending himself. She blinked long and slow before moving to follow him, shutting the TARDIS door softly this time and leaning against it.

If she was going to die then she wasn't going to die inside of an endless blue box while a light show erupted outside. If she was going to die than the most she could do was let go of her fears and hesitations, just let it all loose.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: Shop Girl with a Kick   Shop Girl with a Kick I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 7:44 pm

Mal stared up at the sky with the same tilt of her head she uses when thinking. She heard the TARDIS doors open, heard the Doctor stomp out, and definitely heard him shout at her. "What I'm doing isn't important. Why I'm doing it is much more interesting. Why I'm doing it is because I don't like competition. Earth already bows its head to One and for that I had only two choices. I was to either kill their idol or simply wipe them out. You see, humans have a horrible habit of worshipping their leaders. They'll be more apt to act against me as long as their One is alive, and I just can't have that. That was the whole point of you, really. You're their One whether they're aware of it or not, whether you're really aware of it or not. For years and years everyone has followed you with only minimal questions. I needed them to see there was someone out there who was- is- more than you, more than their leader. To have you drop to your knees before someone of higher authority would have passed the baton over peacefully. And I'm not talking just once, sweetheart, I mean permanently. Down and stay down."

That's when she turned to face them, shoulder pulled up as high as they could go, arms shrugging carelessly with them. "Oh well. What's one less planet to conquer? Don't you see what I want? Don't you see why? There can only be one and your time has expired... though my ambitions are much higher than this tiny little planet. I want every inhabitant on ever planet, meteor, sun, and satellite to know I am someone. Their One. I've spent far too long being suppressible material, and you were right in saying all the choices I make sculpts who I am. Trampling material is who I made myself, so now I'm pulling myself up on a nice pedestal. I want to rule with the damned by my side. I gave you your chance to take a place at my heel and you blew it. I'm not patient enough for reconciliation. Oh look, I'm rambling again. Horrible habit. To get back on track and to make it short, this planet is going to burn because they'll never accept me as their 'king' as long as you exist as an individual away from my command."

Mal tugged up her sleeve, looking at her vortex manipulator with a small crease to her brow before she hummed happily. "Well would you look at the time." She made a point to jab her index finger in over-exaggeration on one of the buttons. "Funny how time seems to just fall from our fingertips." A laugh broke out of her chest as the hovering bombs in the red wormholes began to rain down, the portals shut after they made their deposit.

"The rejects." She said this to herself, already turned around to watch her handy work in action. Each capsule whistled as they fell. It seemed comical to her, something you would see on a bugs bunny cartoon show. It wasn't long before the whistles were accompanied by screams of terror from the people below. For show, Mal put coordinates in her manipulator. It wouldn't be long before she had to vanish from the scene anyway. She looked at the Doctor and then to Ramona, stepping away from the two inch by inch. Anger, panic, disbelief, the whole works was radiating out from everywhere, it was hard to find the specific source.

"And I never got a name from you, darling." Mal cooed at Ramona, hazel eyes sparking with her desire to know. The way she spoke was like she was trying to start a casual conversation with a college she bumped into at a coffee shop. It was unfitting for the destruction currently shadowing London. "No matter, I'm sure we'll be seeing each other again."
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Shop Girl with a Kick   Shop Girl with a Kick I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 1:15 pm

Taking a small step forward, the Doctor stared up at the sky above them, a vivid image of the city they were in being reduced to rubble sending him racing across the roof towards Mal, his arms wrapping around her middle tightly and hauling her backwards, his face determined as he began dragging her back to the TARDIS, his arms locked around her in anticipation of her struggles. "No, we aren't done here. You are going to stop these bombs completely, and then you'll go back to your own bloody time and ruin new earth like you seem to want to do so badly!" He snapped, his tone colored darkly as he shot a narrow-eyed glare at the woman he held onto.

Looking up at Ramona, he nodded at the TARDIS door behind her. "Open it up, we're going inside and having a bit of a chat. Come on then." He said sharply, almost instantly feeling guilty at his tone as he looked in her face. With another glance down at Mal, he slammed his mental barriers down should she try to convince him to let her go.
Back to top Go down
Ramona Eden
Student
Student
Ramona Eden

PostSubject: Re: Shop Girl with a Kick   Shop Girl with a Kick I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 4:51 pm

Ramona gazed on with a feeling of numbness. The Doctor was furious, angry, and terrified, all because of this woman. His mind was ablaze with racing thoughts and spiking madly for some sort of solution to the madness this woman was raining down on them. Everything happened so suddenly, she was struck with the sudden desire to go swimming. It had been years since she'd been swimming, too many really. She loved it so. He had forced her arms to her sides and was not dragging her backwards, back toward Ramona who lowered her hands to clasp them against her backside. The door, he was going to take this woman into the TARDIS? Her first thought was to ignore him but a gentle thrum against her tensed mental barriers convinced her to do as he asked. With a short look at the TARDIS she complied, thrusting both doors wide to make it easier for him to get her through and pulling them shut behind him. She gripped the handles and stood there, turning back to stare at the sky. So much screaming, pain and confusion permeated the atmosphere and it was suffocating.

Tears sprang to Ramona's eyes and just for a moment, she hoped the Doctor would leave her behind. Because this wasn't what she'd signed up for, she didn't come around with him to get caught up in his personal life, for him to cause things to stir inside of her that she had no name for. Shutting her mind and darkening the road Ramona steadied her breathing and entered the TARDIS after them.

She stood against the doors, leaning back with hands shoved into her pockets, she'd slipped the hood up and her hair fell in tangled bunches. Hazel eyes observed the encounter with interest.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: Shop Girl with a Kick   Shop Girl with a Kick I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 11:16 pm

Mal growled in surprise, fighting against the Doctor and not letting him even when she knew the fight against him was pointless. His grip was tight and restricted her movements to the point of vanity. She was surprised he wanted to be this close to her after everything she had dragged him through yet found it very predictable. The Doctor would do everything he could to make things right, wouldn't he? Even if it destroyed him? Yes, of course he would, that was the Doctor's trademark throughout each incarnation and it was absolutely beautiful in Mal's eyes. Why, you may ask? Well, it made working against him that much more fun.

"Ruin New Earth? Oh no, no, no, you don't listen do you? Ugh, unhand me! Honestly, manhandling isn't the solution to everything when it comes to me. Put me down already!" She was becoming more and more agitated though in actuality she didn't mind being taken to the TARDIS. The only problem that faced was they wouldn't be able to see teh bombs hit in person. How very.. anticlimactic.

"Oh no, how tragic, you're going to miss the best part. Fine, then listen. Sh, listen, listen, listen and wait for it. The moment it's going to happen you can hear the panic rise. You can feel it. Just wait and listen." Mal closed her eyes and strained her ears, a twisted smile stuck on her mouth. As she had stated the screaming and fear raised in a horrific crescendo. Seconds later the sound of metal pelting varies terrain assaulted the Earth outside those blue doors. It should have confused the two Mal was with, they would be expecting explosions. But nothing happened.

Mal began to laugh joyously, shifting around in the Doctor's arms in an attempt to get free once more before giving up and laughing again. "Fear is my key. Its what makes people listen. Empty threat some may call this. But it isn't empty when you fulfil some threats and hollow out others. It keeps people on their toes, makes them psychologically nervous. They'd rather believe what I say then test it. I hope in time you will react the same, Doctor-dear. Oh, but don't you dare think because I spared this planet today means it's safe. Do you know what humans do when there is a bombing? They investigate. Pry them apart and see how they tick. How long do you think it'll take them to start doing that?" In a way she was just playing games, but if one couldn't have fun then what was the point of living?
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Shop Girl with a Kick   Shop Girl with a Kick I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 9:33 pm

"You don't belong here anymore, you could cause a paradox by just being here!" The Doctor snapped at Mal, ignoring her threats as he hauled her over to the jumper seat and tossed her down onto it, crossing his arms over his chest as he glared at the woman in front of him. "Close and lock the doors, Ramona. We have a few things we ought to talk about before letting our guest go." He added over his shoulder thoughtfully before turning to the console behind him and flicking a couple of switches as an afterthought after catching sight of her Vortex Manipulator again.

"Now, no teleporting out of my ship, you aren't moving, and I want answers. Start talking then, what was the point of the empty bombs? To scare people? You don't just scare people for fun, there's a reason behind it all. What were you wanting to happen?" He asked finally, his blue eyes locking onto her face as he studied her with a narrowed gaze. Irritation clearly showing on his face as he waited for her to talk.
Back to top Go down
Ramona Eden
Student
Student
Ramona Eden

PostSubject: Re: Shop Girl with a Kick   Shop Girl with a Kick I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 9:58 pm

This chick was crazy, utterly insane, or a complete "nutter" as the British would say. Something about hollow bombs, people screaming- Ramona could hear it. Hear the aching tear and wrenching of metal and architecture. The confused horror of those who knew nothing of what was happening. She brought spidery fingers through her hair, dragging through the tangles and giving her scalp a tug, something else to think about. As an absent thought she twisted around to face the doors, leaning her forehead against the increasingly familiar wood, eyes fluttering shut. Ramona listened to the irate drone of the Doctor's voice, listened to him demand answers out of the Mal woman, angry and confused.

She forced a white spread across the ripples of dissonance of her mind, a forced peace that allowed her to breath easier and pay attention. Ramona flipped the lock and blinked, lifting her head but remaining faced away from the two.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: Shop Girl with a Kick   Shop Girl with a Kick I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 10:10 pm

Mal landed on the seat and instantly straightened, crossed one leg over the other and took on a look of ease. She smiled a very pleased grin at him despite his sternness and anger. "A paradox, you're worried about a paradox. Why do you think I haven't made a visit in sections I've been? I've tread the paths and plan ahead, ahead in regards to my past. It's so much fun, building yourself. I see and create all the blocks of my foundation. It's brilliant." Wasn't it just? But he didn't want to hear about the creation of who she had become. No, he wanted to know about the bombs. Fair enough, didn't all of Earth at this time?

"Haven't you learned by now that time gives the answers? All you had to do is wait a few minutes and the answer would be clear. Anyway, don't you listen? Of course fear plays a part in my actions but so does another aspect, one that I've already mentioned. Humans like to poke around at things they don't understand. Unfortunately for them those bombs aren't as empty as you think. Nope, nope, nope. To be frank, Doctor, I need to see how efficient this batch is."

Mal left it at that, instead twisting right hand around to observe her nails. Just give it a few minutes. Just a few more. The military would become involved right along with the bomb shell. That's right, curious buggers, just peel back the cover and let the real fun begin.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Shop Girl with a Kick   Shop Girl with a Kick I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 10:14 pm

"Why should I bother listening to my surroundings when I have the source of information right in front of me." The Doctor stated simply, nodding at Mal with a frown, working over what she said before darting a look over at Ramona. He couldn't leave her alone with Mal in the TARDIS, much less send her out there if there was something dangerous inside those shells that were dropped down on the city. "What did you put in side of them, Mal? You do know, if you wipe out the planet now, there will be no New Earth for you to go and take over." He added idly, turning back to look at her with another frown on his face, frantically trying to think what exactly it was that she had planned.
Back to top Go down
Ramona Eden
Student
Student
Ramona Eden

PostSubject: Re: Shop Girl with a Kick   Shop Girl with a Kick I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 10:32 pm

She breathed and stopped. Cocking her head just barely, not empty? But full of what? Ramona clicked her tongue and ground her teeth. Jaw working mechanically as she fought over something in her head. Oh he would be upset, he might even kick her off the TARDIS and not let her back in for awhile, if not ever. Clearly the situation was very sensitive, he was taking great precaution with this woman. But wasn't human curiosity just beautiful? It wound a poisonous path from the bottom of her toes and slipped and slid its way into the cogs of her brain. Smearing images of what could be across that white canvas, making her eyes go wide and her lip swell from sucking it in to hard. Did she want to risk her friendship with the Doctor- Her protection against something horrid... For a look? Just a little peek. Not much. Ramona groaned softly to herself, fingers twisting the lock as quietly as possible. Shouldn't the TARDIS have done something if it was truly that unsafe? If her life was in danger, surely the TARDIS wouldn't let her just walk out to her death.

With a short dose of confidence Ramona sucked in a breath and cracked the door open, slipping out into the now hazy London day. Shutting the door quickly in her wake she trotted across the rooftop and leaned over the edge, getting down her knees with a gasp.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Time Lord
Time Lord
Lucius Tyler Vulneras

PostSubject: Re: Shop Girl with a Kick   Shop Girl with a Kick I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 8:19 am

"Well what do you think? My army. I don't plan on wiping out Earth, my dear, I plan on ruffling it up a little, bringing it to an all time low and letting them see just where following you led them. Just think of it, why else would an alien race attack? The weak willed will- oh I should have found better wording than that- will be furious and angry at you. I suppose, in a way, I'm giving them a reason to join me. Because after I let my beautiful creatures devastate part of the world... I'll bring in Torchwood. Oh yes, it will be their knight in shining armour, swooping in to save them from those creatures." Mal lifted her shoulders in a lazy shrug, "So what's your next move, Doctor? I'm curious to know. Maybe it has something to do with that...?"

She lifted a hand and gestured towards the double doors where Ramona was only moments before. Mal had a horrible view but staring just past the time rotor had allowed her to see the door creak open if only a bit. Oh, she loved the curious ones. And so did he. It caused her to smile, wondering just exactly who this quiet, brown haired girl was to the Time Lord. Obviously she was the strings to a puppet Mal had wanted to play with...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shop Girl with a Kick   Shop Girl with a Kick I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shop Girl with a Kick
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next