Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
Eric Zimmer Ravenswood I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
Eric Zimmer Ravenswood I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
Eric Zimmer Ravenswood I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
Eric Zimmer Ravenswood I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
Eric Zimmer Ravenswood I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
Eric Zimmer Ravenswood I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
Eric Zimmer Ravenswood I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
Eric Zimmer Ravenswood I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
Eric Zimmer Ravenswood I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Eric Zimmer Ravenswood I_vote_lcapEric Zimmer Ravenswood I_voting_barEric Zimmer Ravenswood I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Eric Zimmer Ravenswood I_vote_lcapEric Zimmer Ravenswood I_voting_barEric Zimmer Ravenswood I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

Eric Zimmer Ravenswood

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Doctor Meta Z
Doctor Meta Z

Eric Zimmer Ravenswood Empty
PostSubject: Eric Zimmer Ravenswood   Eric Zimmer Ravenswood I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 7:39 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Eric Zimmer Ravenswood

Species: Human

::Appearance::
Hair: Eric's hair is a dark chocolate brown, which he has cropped close to his head, and keeps neatly combed. His hair parts on the right side of his head, and his bangs tend to be combed smoothly to his left. His unprofessional at home look is with his hair neatly combed, but sticking up slightly as if it had dried wet.
Eyes: His eyes are the same smooth chocolatey brown as his hair, with not a single speck of discolor in them. Close up, they look deep and friendly, however they tend to carry a twinge of mischief and even insanity about them.
Height: 5'10"
Figure: Eric teeters more on the slender side, and as a result this makes him look a bit taller than he actually is. He has no bulky mass to speak of, however he is quite lean and could hold his own in any fight.
Other: None
Clothing: Eric's clothes consist of the normal 1980s wear, though less bold and more subtle. His casual choice of dress is a short sleeved button up pullover, with a pair of dark trousers. When at work, or attending any minor special occasion, such as a date or dance, he wears dark solid blue or black suits that fit his form well. Usually he wears a dark tie with those. When he has to go to a REALLY special occasion, he exchanges the tie for a black bowtie.

::Info::
Family: Eric and Patricia Zimmer (birth parents), Altair Storms/Ravenswood (adopted father), Ellie Storms/Ravenswood (adopted sister)
Personality: Since his early years, Eric has become a lot more confident, both in others and in himself. Ellie and her father saved him from a possible life on the street, and he is forever grateful towards them. As a result, he is very protective of his adoptive family, especially of his older sister. While he tries to keep it in check, he has a short temper, and will lash out at people who annoy him, or try to hurt those close to him. Usually he keeps it to harsh words, but nothing stops him from taking a quick punch at an adversary who he thinks deserves it. While it's been several years since he's last ventured out into space, he is still curious about the unknown, and often stargazes when he has the time.
Strengths: Eric is insanely smart, often understanding the more complex theories of science before others get them. He is able to easily dissect and assemble information, and enjoys studying to better his understanding of the world around him. He is aware time travel exists, and as a result he is much more open to impossible theories than others are.
Weakness: From the start, Eric has been afraid of being abandoned by those close to him. Abandoned by his parents, he was left to fend for himself. Although 11 years of living with an adopted family has tempered this fear, it is still partially there. Counterwise, he is afraid of losing those who matter most to him, and would likely go ballistic if one of his close friends of family died.
Likes: Although growing up has tempered him, he still enjoys bouncing off on adventures like a little kid, although possibly in a less juvenile manner than when he was 8. Therefore if the opportunity presents himself, he will, both for his own amusement and often for his own curiosity. He enjoys studying and learning new things, particularly where robots and biology is concerned. He also enjoys studying about things related to outer space, and often researches the latest UFO sightings to see if they're real or bogus.
Dislikes: More then ever, he dislikes people who poke at or make fun of his adopted sister, going even so far as to hit them in the nose. He also hates people who present themselves as know-it-alls, but know absolutely nothing of the subject they're on, especially if it's something he knows about.
Dream: Eric knows time travel exists, and although being warped back into the 1970s has frustrated him in terms of mental and technological advancement, he is willing to work towards it again. Knowledge in the 80s on time travel is sparce, but he intends to be the first scientist to make it happen, or at least, figure out how it works. Barring that, he intends to find someone who has more knowledge on the subject to help him understand the complex theories of time.

Equipment to Note: He has a Time Vortex Manipulator he snitched off the 11th Doctor when he abandoned it on the Tardis railing. He also carries around a necklace of beads, which he found in an open market when he first escaped the orphanage.

History: Eric was born to Eric and Patricia Zimmer on September 5th, 2006. His father was a lawyer, and his mother was the stay at home type. They were always constantly arguing with eachother, until one day they finally got a divorce. His father did not want to raise him, so his mother took care of him until she finally disappeared when he was 4. Left to fend for himself, social services eventually picked him up and took him off to the East Bridge Orphanage.

He learned that orphanages were where people sent their kids when they didn't want them anymore. His father was still alive and he knew it, but he never ever showed up. Instead, the only person who micro-managed his live was the head of the orphanage. She was more aptly called a prison warden by many of the older kids, and he resented her controlling tendencies just as much. Often, doctors were brought it on various subjects to give the smarter children a wide variety of knowledge.

Eventually at the age of 8, he decided he'd had enough and would strike out on his own like the pioneers of old. He successfully escaped the orphanage, and surprisingly, nobody came looking for him. He didn't have time to dwell on that thought, as as soon as he started exploring, he found a place that rudely reintroduced him to fear. He was randomly jumpy as his parents or watchers were always ready to yell at him for something. Strangers were no different, and he hightailed it out of there with a random marketplace trinket.

What he never realized in his chase, was that he ran straight through a time portal, that warped him into the library the morning before his escape. There he met Captain Jack Harkness, who immediately took him under his protection. After encountering a reaper that used the same portal he traveled through to get in, and shadows that walked, he realized there was more to the outside world than he thought.

For the next few months he remained at Captain Jack's hideout, being looked after by Captain Jack or his gang. He attended school where he quickly learned he was an expert at math and science, and was often bored by how slowly the teacher moved on for the other kid's sake. It led to him feeling a mite superior to the rest of the class, and they often made fun of him.

When not at "home" exploring Captain Jack's technological wonders, he was off exploring the country side. He quickly got into trouble again, when he sneaked into the stables of a small time mafia leader. While attempting to ride a horse, he ended up with a few bruises, and met an 11 year old girl named Ellie, who he formed a hard and fast relationship with. Still of the exploring mind, he quickly found out the supposed owner had people killed, and he and Ellie were next for finding out. Both of them were captured, and although he began to doubt whether Captain Jack would rescue them from certain death, his hero came through for him at the end.

While off on yet another adventure, he and Ellie met the Doctor in an underground laboratory of sorts. Exploring the place, they found alot of outer space junk, and something Ellie and the Doctor called a cyberman. It wasn't until later though, when he skipped school to join Ellie on a field trip, that he learned the Doctor was an alien. At the time he was Ellie's history teacher, and after running about the museum, they discovered his Tardis hidden there, being under the watch of UNIT. It was then that Eric truly discovered time travel, and spaceships. Eric was completely fascinated by the Doctor's bigger on the inside spaceship, and he took them back in time to rescue Ellie's dad, who had one day disappeared when she was 5. They found the astronauts with a bunch of aliens called the sycorax, and although it looked to be a bad situation, they were soon back on Earth, Ellie being reunited with her father. Now that they were together though, Eric was afraid that he'd no longer see Ellie again. They ended up falling through a time space portal, which took them back to 1971.

Once they realized they had gone back in time, Ellie's father decided to change his last name from Storms to Ravenswood, so as not to mess with "time" and create any problems in the future. As Eric was an orphan, with no chance of going back home to Captain Jack, Altair decided to adopt him, on Ellie's insistence. Over the next few years, they settled down, their father finding a different job in the past, and the little ones going to school. As time went on, Eric's brilliance at certain subjects began to show, and although it was difficult, their father managed to get both of them to better schooling. Eric managed to get himself into a college with an academic scholarship, and graduated at the early age of 17 with a PHD in robotics and biology.

Eric worked as a temporary scientist at a lab near London for the next 2 years, while his sister worked her way through college. Halfway through, she intended to get married to a man that Eric did not consider the best match for her. They got into a fight, and while Eric managed to break up the wedding plans, both sides of the family we were rather peeved at him. He left in a huff, and in his storming down the streets of London, found the same mysterious portal that had warped him into the library where he had met Captain Jack. Entering it, he found himself zapped back into modern 2014 London, and unable to return home immediately. He had no idea what had happened to his family, or even that his sister had indeed married 8 years after he left, but to a different man. He also has no idea yet, that he technically has a niece.

HOW DID YOU FIND US?: Long time ago. Lifetimes. I was a different ma--oh wait.

------

For those who don't know, this is an existing character, just time skipped and needing a profile to explain in gaps and such.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

As a note, the "when he was 8" history has been RPed out over 4 different threads, and I've summarized them as best as I can, as many of them have not completed fully, particularly the end where he is warped back into 1971. This will be established in Ellie Storms' last RP, Storms Gathering. Most of what's been mentioned in Ellie's direction was given to me by Clara/Emma. (Though poke me if I got something wrong!)

The last paragraph, I intend to RP fully out in another thread, and as I haven't yet, that is why it is on the vague side. Apologies for that, but I do intend to be more detailed as I write, and the reason I am not is because...well...I haven't written it yet. Razz As for time skipping, a bit tired of RPing him as an 8 year old, and as Clara retired her Ellie character, I figured the best thing for Eric to do was to be adopted by her family for a while.
Back to top Go down
Brooke/Charity
Brooke/Charity

Location : In the Tardis! | Brooke: In the Tardis Library, of course.

PostSubject: Re: Eric Zimmer Ravenswood   Eric Zimmer Ravenswood I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 9:51 pm

Doctor Meta Z wrote:
Most of what's been mentioned in Ellie's direction was given to me by Clara/Emma. (Though poke me if I got something wrong!)

It looks like you have everything accurate Smile I don't see any need for any pokes. Good job Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorcking.com
Brax
Administrator
Administrator
Brax

PostSubject: Re: Eric Zimmer Ravenswood   Eric Zimmer Ravenswood I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 1:07 pm

Oh wow, this is really good! I know it's an existing character but it's still really good. As you wanted higher up ranking comments, I'll leave this for SOs and other Mods/Admins to look over it Smile For me, I approve of it.

Last edited by Oscar Jakobsen on Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Doctor Meta Z
Doctor Meta Z

PostSubject: Re: Eric Zimmer Ravenswood   Eric Zimmer Ravenswood I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 1:16 pm

Oh, well I was hoping to have some comments from the higher up admins on it first, if they had any issues with anything. >.>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eric Zimmer Ravenswood   Eric Zimmer Ravenswood I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eric Zimmer Ravenswood
Page 1 of 1