Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
The World Will End I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
The World Will End I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
The World Will End I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
The World Will End I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
The World Will End I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
The World Will End I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
The World Will End I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
The World Will End I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
The World Will End I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
The World Will End I_vote_lcapThe World Will End I_voting_barThe World Will End I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
The World Will End I_vote_lcapThe World Will End I_voting_barThe World Will End I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

The World Will End

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

The World Will End Empty
PostSubject: The World Will End   The World Will End I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 11:01 pm

[Closed to Robin and Nine]

An exhausted Doctor sat in the jumper seat in his TARDIS, staring blankly at the console in front of him with a slight frown. Another draining adventure with vague faces that disappeared into the fading sunset as he set off on his own once more. Not even Sonya to have around to ease the silence that surrounded him at this point, not even the TARDIS hummed after this last encounter.

Running a hand over his face, he slowly got to his feet again and set the co-ordinants to Earth, a new favorite shop in London called his name. Damn Sonya and her coffee addiction, leaving cans of the sludge around in the kitchens, tempting him. Of course, his next incarnation, the one she always seemed to spend time with now... He would have drank it straight away without a single question asked.

Shaking his head, the Doctor stared at the screen as the TARDIS hurtled towards earth through the vortex, vaguely realizing not even the dig on his older version could bring a smile to his face at this point. With the familair grinding noise, the TARDIS landed a block away from his new favorite coffee shop. Pulling his leather jacket on, he strode out the doors and headed down the dark sidewalk, not caring to take notice that several people cast him odd looks for his jacket in the warm weather. At this point, all he cared about was sitting down and letting himself go numb until the urge to move set in again, erasing all other thoughts in his head like it always did in the end.

Ducking inside the shop, he moved towards the back and slid into the familiar booth, his eyes trained on the window next to him, watching as the humans went about their daily lives. A slight pain in his chest caused a small wince to cross his face. Lucky, any other day he didn't care for the normal life they had. But now, all he wanted was a secure place to sit, a place to call home where there was no threat of someone or another trying to kill him, take his home or destroy the planet he lived on.

Looking up at the waitress, the normal grin he wore spread across his face on instinct, this form, always smiling, no matter the pain in his hearts, the sadness in his mind, always smiling, always taking strides to be sure no one knew the torment inside. "Coffee, that'll be all, thanks."
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

The World Will End Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Will End   The World Will End I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 11:27 pm

Robin stepped quickly down the street, continuously checking over her shoulder. It felt like someone was watching her, following her, but she had gotten Torchwood off her trail, right? Her mind just kept repeating, "Please let it be police, please let it be police." She would be okay with jail, but not with whatever Torchwood had left for her. Taking a deep breath, she decided to stop worrying. Maybe they didn't see her and she didn't want to get their attention of she didn't already have it.

The thought of not standing out was completely pushed out of her mind as she heard the noise. The noise. Stopping dead in her tracks and getting quite a few words out of the bloke behind her, she stared with excitement at the blue box that had just landed. Her grin widened as she saw the ninth incarnation of the Doctor stroll out, heading for the coffee shop across the street. Giggling, she started after him, glad to see him again. He was one of the only Doctors she had gotten to meet, besides Theta. But he didn't really count.

Trying not to look like a total stalker, she stopped and let him enter the shop and sit down before she followed after him, deciding it better to go inside and get something to drink anyway. If she had any money, that is. Slowing back down to a normal pace, she entered the shop, moving to sit on the other side of the booth before he had a chance to say a word. "Hello again, Doctor." She giggled, not feeling that she had to say anything else to spark a conversation, because knowing him, she'd gotten lucky to fit that in at all.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

The World Will End Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Will End   The World Will End I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 11:45 pm

The Doctor looked at Robin with a slightly surprised look on his face before the customary smile flashed across his features again. "Hello again, join me for a cup of coffee? I won't be here too long, theres a blue dwarf star about to implode calling my name in about..." He paused, doing the math in his head for a moment before grinning at the younger girl again. "Three hours, I promised myself a month ago that I'd take myself to see it, but you know how things get with me around. Aliens, humans, buildings exploding..." He trailed off, his features falling suddenly as a flash of memory popped into his head then vanished again.

Seeming to forget the conversation he was having with her, he turned to stare out the window again in silence, only turning to nod at the woman in thanks when she brought his cup of coffee over then looking back out into the night. "Do you know, you humans are all alike? Even to me, so much older than any of you, yet you still confuse me. Brave, clever... You are just a fantastic race, setting out in the middle of the universe, just waiting to be discovered right now. It's amazing how you lot managed to survive this long." He suddenly said, staring at a couple sitting on a bench across the street from where they were, studying them as they spoke to each other.

"So confusing really, some of you can be so brave, while the others hide in their houses with their normal lives, refusing to see what is all around them in space. How do you do it? How do you survive so easily here?"
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

The World Will End Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Will End   The World Will End I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 2:31 pm

Okay, it was one of those days. Everyone has them but the Doctor? Robin didn't know he ever felt like this, he'd always worn that mask of his. Sighing, she turned around to see the couple he was staring at, thinking about his question. She honestly didn't stay in one place too much, there was simply too much to see and no time to do it in. Before long they were going to catch up to her...

Turning around to face the Time Lord, she smiled as reassuringly as she could. "They just don't know. They have no idea of all the things out there, and if they did, they certainly wouldn't be staying here all the time. This lot, they'd end up doing something stupid and accidentally starting a war, but at least that's something. They stay still because they have to, they don't have a choice. Not everyone has the opportunity we do to go and travel through the stars, they can only stare at them and wonder." She shrugged, thinking back to her mum. She was always saying she wanted to go and see other planets, other worlds. Just meet the people. Too bad she was probably never going to see her again. Okay, best to stay away from that topic...
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

The World Will End Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Will End   The World Will End I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 3:33 pm

"Sometimes I envy them... All of them with their cars, chairs and houses." The Doctor said quietly, turning his eyes on Robin with a small grin on his face, just a ghost of what it normally was before lifting the cup of coffee to his lips for a drink. "I love running through time and space, I love the planets and the people, but every day, at the end of an adventure. I end up here, watching the humans and thinking, 'how can you not know?'."

Shaking his head slightly, a small forced laugh slipped from him, the grin on his face masking the strain that had begun to show. Looking back at Robin, his eyes were dull and lost as he struggled to regain the mask, the grin, the cocky additude. Something to keep her from seeing him like this. "The Prime minister called me yesterday. She wanted me to know that there was an odd sound coming from her vents... Turned out it was a racoon. How did a racoon get in there, do you think? Honestly, I think he scared me more than I scared him truthfully."

Laughing loudly, he leaned back in his seat and looked up at the ceiling in thought for a moment then sat forward again, his eyes locked onto Robin across from him. "How do you do it? Know all of these things then stay in one place for so long? How do you not go mad? What... What do you think would happen if your little vortex manipulator stopped working? What would you do? What do you think you would do in a week, a month? A year even, how would you handle it?"
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

The World Will End Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Will End   The World Will End I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 6:11 pm

Robin couldn't help but giggle, remembering the time that actually happened. "It did, once. Well I'm sure it was fine, but my brother kinda conned me out of it... anyway!" She shook her head, returning to the topic at hand, "I think I did go mad. Did a couple things I'm not proud of, and you should have seen me when something finally came along." Holding up her wrist, she giggled, "I actually stole this one from Torchwood, got sick of it, I couldn't do it anymore." Letting her arm down, she sighed, glancing over her shoulder before looking back at the Doctor. "I think it's good they don't know, if they did, I'm sure a lot of things would happen that no one could control. It's just better this way. Until they can figure out a plan on getting themselves into space, they should live in ignorance." Her smile faded as she spoke, knowing from experience that ignorance can get you in serious trouble, but... if she could barely take a month without travel, how would these primitive humans deal with their whole lives?
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

The World Will End Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Will End   The World Will End I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 8:03 pm

The Doctor stayed silent, listening to Robin as she spoke, trying to reach that mask he held on his face all other times. Feeling a slight frown cross his face, he let out a light breath, leaning back in his seat again, arms folded behind his head as he thought over what she said. "I tell you what, not knowing could be worse than knowing. If they know, then they can dream, they can imagine the planets they could visit. They could have hope for it to happen someday. But without knowing, they'll be stuck here, without a hope, without any dreams about reaching out there. All they'll ever have is their normal life with their jobs and homes. No hopes, no dreams other than what every other human on this planet has."

He locked his eyes on Robin's, a slightly frustrated look on his face as he thought over something in his head. Trying to get across his point was so much more difficult than he thought it would be. "Wouldn't you rather have your hopes and dreams than sit in your room, knowing what you did that day, will be the same thing you do for the rest of your life?"
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

The World Will End Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Will End   The World Will End I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 8:15 pm

Robin sighed, knowing she wasn't going to be able to make him feel better about it. No matter what she said, he'd just keep thinking the same thing, and since when was it possible to change his mind? "I'm just trying to say that some people can have hopes and dreams, but some of them can't. Some people already have dreams, and they know that they will never fulfill them, and it kills them. A blind man who wants to see, an old woman who just wants to see her husband again, its just certain people who wouldn't be able to deal with the fact that they'd never get what they want." Her slight pout began to merge with a frown as she leaned back and crossed her arms.

"I know how it feels, though, just knowing something and not being able to tell anyone else without them thinking you're a nutter, or just plain out freaky. Imagine what would happen if we tried to tell the world about time travel. We'd all be locked up in a mental hospital." She gave an empty chuckle, sitting back up and putting her hands on the table as she locked eyes with the Doctor. "One day, they'll do it. You know they do, they'll be able to touch the stars properly one day, you've seen it." Her lips curled into a little smile, trying to get him to focus on the positive, despite what she was just saying.
Back to top Go down
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Time Lord
Time Lord
Sayo/9Th Doctor

The World Will End Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Will End   The World Will End I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 8:29 pm

Leaning his head back, the Doctor closed his eyes and let out a long breath of air. Thinking back to this past day, all of the danger he put them into. "Maybe it's for the best they don't know. Maybe knowing is the danger, not the fear of never going out and experiencing all of this for themselves." He finally said outloud, opening his eyes as he did and staring up at the ceiling without emotion. Going out on his own would be for the best, for a while, too many people nearly die because of him and Rose...

His eyes closed as a sharp lance of pain shot through his chest at the thought of her, he'll never forgive himself for this. "The universe is a big, fantastic place, Robin. But one thing that's for sure is that it is dangerous as well. Anyone that goes out there with me, they could die any second and it would be on my head if they did."
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

The World Will End Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Will End   The World Will End I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 9:06 pm

Robin's smile flipped upside down as she sighed, seeing what this was about now. "Doctor, you know it isn't your fault. They came with you using their own thoughts, their own will. They must be well aware of the dangers, and if, on the odd chance that you do loose someone, you know they would never want you to blame yourself." She had heard stories of the Doctor before, of his companions and where they all go, and out of all the times he'd taken a human to see the Universe, she wasn't surprised that he thought it was all because of him. "Know what you need? You need to stop moping about the place on what's already happened. Take a look around you, at this planet. All of these people, happy to just live their boring little lives." Pausing for a moment, she frowned, "Oh no, I'm starting to sound like you." She stuck her tongue out at him, giggling before casting a glance outside to see the couple on the bench laughing and joking around with each other.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The World Will End Empty
PostSubject: Re: The World Will End   The World Will End I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The World Will End
Page 1 of 1