Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Please Log In or Register to enter Smile
Doctor Who RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor Who RP

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Curse Of The Lost Ones (Rhy and Brooke)
Espen Valdemar (Primary) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 1:03 am by Brooke/Charity

» (OPEN) You Don't Belong Here
Espen Valdemar (Primary) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 10:08 pm by Alice Robinson

» Who has two thumbs and is back in business? This guy!
Espen Valdemar (Primary) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 am by Brax

» Back in Town
Espen Valdemar (Primary) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 pm by Sayo/9Th Doctor

» #plotting?
Espen Valdemar (Primary) I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2019 1:47 pm by 625

» The Awakening
Espen Valdemar (Primary) I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 12:19 pm by Brooke/Charity

» My favourite game (Open)
Espen Valdemar (Primary) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am by Brax

» Wibbly wobbly returny stuff
Espen Valdemar (Primary) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am by Brax

» Icecream Heals Everything
Espen Valdemar (Primary) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 6:00 am by 10th Doctor/Eric Jason

Top posters
Sayo/9Th Doctor
Espen Valdemar (Primary) I_vote_lcapEspen Valdemar (Primary) I_voting_barEspen Valdemar (Primary) I_vote_rcap 
10th Doctor/Eric Jason
Espen Valdemar (Primary) I_vote_lcapEspen Valdemar (Primary) I_voting_barEspen Valdemar (Primary) I_vote_rcap 
Robin
Lucius Tyler Vulneras
Brax
Brooke/Charity
Theta Sigma
Master
Doctor Meta Z
Quinn
Most Viewed Topics
Meeting in RL
The Time Rewritten
Our RL Names
Another Day Another Dollar
Distant Winds
Delirious on Delirium
The Night of Sirens
The Name Of The Doctor
Oi! Watch It Time Girl!
Character Creation Template

Espen Valdemar (Primary)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
6th Doctor/Espen V.
Beginner
Beginner
6th Doctor/Espen V.

Espen Valdemar (Primary) Empty
PostSubject: Espen Valdemar (Primary)   Espen Valdemar (Primary) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 4:51 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Espen Valdemar

Species: Human

::Appearance::
Hair: Medium length, brown hair that he generally keeps gelled just to get it out of the way.

Eyes: Grayish-blue, set slightly back into his head, and with just a tiny natural squint to them that gives him an unintentionally intense look.  

Height: 5'6"

Figure: Far from obese, but not exactly the muscular type either, Espen is a thoroughly uninteresting looking person.  The exercise he does do tends to be counteracted by the poor diet he maintains.

Other: Nothing to be proud of, but working on a computer several years back gave him a small scar on the back of his wrist.

Clothing: Espen often wears a sweater overtop of a casually long sleeved button up shirt, along with a pair of dress pants to match.  If the need arises, though, Espen always keeps three different colored suits, a variety of ties and bowties, and a fair number of formal button up shirts for any level of dressing up that needs to be done.  While he could wear contacts, and occasionally he does so, he generally chooses to keep his glasses.

::Info::
Family: Espen's parents are small business owners, running a flower shop in downtown London.  They're loving and supportive, but they've only really been an occasional presence in his life once Espen became self-reliant.  Occasionally he'll swing by to say hello, and he visits on most holidays, but more or less they both enjoy the odd phone call now and then to keep each other updated.

Personality: Espen is a strange duck, to be sure.  Whenever he's in a professional or working environment, he's as professional and working as said environment calls for.  He can be the picture of a calm, collected businessman who knows what he's doing.  When he's not working, or rather when he isn't around clients or potential clients, his switch flips and he drops into nerdy fanboy mode.  Nearly obsessive over the wonders of the world unknown, he is constantly on the lookout for strange, unnatural, or even alien things.  This combined with his intuitive sense for getting into trouble has resulted in his attainment of several items that, so far, no one but he knows about.  At least, he thinks no one knows about them.

Strengths: Espen is adept with most forms of (human) technology, and is able to quickly pick up on things he's never used, presuming they follow some kind of logical and concrete methods that are relatively simple.  He is also quite good with people, though when he deals with them more often than not his cheerfulness is a facade.  However, it's a very GOOD facade.

Weakness: While good with people, Espen can be naive when it comes to how much his actions might get him noticed.  He tends to believe that he's being much more stealthy than he actually is.  Furthermore, his naivety will spread to his curiosity, meaning he is compelled to follow just about anyone that beckons to him, even if his more rational mind is telling him that it's obviously a bad idea.  Another one of his personal flaws is his sweet tooth, and his poor eating habits overall.

Likes: Espen loves technology and advancement and learning new things, and will flock to the opportunity to do so.  Also, he's a particularly big fan of strawberry shakes and the hot pastrami sandwich from a little deli down the street from his apartment.

Dislikes: Espen has a strong disdain for people who think they can do his job better than he can, particularly clients who are paying him to do something.  Another pet peeve of his is what he calls “conspiracy nuts.”  While he himself fits the normal definition of a conspiracy nut, Espen’s idea of one is the type of person that won’t shut up about it and only seems to be doing it for the sake of getting attention, which he knows can be the one thing that someone looking into these conspiracies would like to avoid.  On a much smaller scale, he hates those chopped onions they put on some of the McDonalds sandwiches.

Dream: Espen’s professional dream is to one day start his own company, though he has yet to decide exactly what he would be doing with it.  On a personal level, he wants to meet an alien face to face, at least while he actually realizes that it’s an alien.

History: Espen had a largely unremarkable childhood.  He was born and grew up in the center of London after his parents immigrated from Sweden.  He made his friends, got his average grades, got himself into trouble a few times, and progressed through being a kid like most kids did.  He may, however, have been a bit more into aliens and alien movies and alien games than the other kids.  After some small amount of torment, he learned to keep it quiet.

After grade school, Espen went off to college oversees in America with a scholarship.  He attended a state college in the midwest for computer sciences, and returned 4 years later (interspersed with holiday and summer visits home), and secured himself an apartment.  Using his degree as a kick-off point, he advertised himself as an overall tech expert, willing to work personally with people to find them solutions.  While he was over in America, however, he happened to have what he later learned was a close encounter.  In fact, it was only that he’d seen a particular individual, and later (In fact, back in London, while he was browsing the internet), he stumbled across a conspiracy site showing that exact man, and a video that seemed to prove his extraterrestrial nature.  He wasn’t sure if he believed it, but his old love of the not-quite-natural kicked back up, and suddenly he found himself a member of several underground online communities, discussing and swapping stories of that nature.

He started spending his off time investigating on his own, going directly to places that had supposed incidents, or that were involved in some strange practices.  Occasionally, he would find bits and bobs, and once or twice he managed to make off with what he could only see as alien tech, though it was never anything big.  Usually, just scraps lying around.  Over time, however, he’s started to kind of understand it.  Though it took a bit of reworking, eventually he got his brain into a mode where he could understand what was going on with it, and more easily accept the strange and surreal nature of such artifacts.  A strike of inspiration reminded him that the things he was doing might draw the wrong kinds of attention, however, and he has such taken to covering his tracks, particularly when it comes to his computer and internet.  He keeps himself behind enough firewalls and proxies that he’s reasonably comfortable with his safety, and he has set himself up with several fake identities to use, just in case, when he goes to do his private investigations.

HOW DID YOU FIND US?: Google~.

---------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------
The Doctor is stuck under a flickering streetlamp, you are on the opposite side of the street. It's midnight, no moon or stars, the only lights around are the lamp the Doctor is under, and the light in front of a closed store you stand under.

The only way to the Doctor is to cross the dark street, easy, right? Wrong. This planet is well-known for being infested with Vashta Nerada. Any shadow anywhere could be infested with them. You have a small pack on your back with several items in it that you could use to get to him.
A carrot
The Doctor's Sonic screwdriver
A chicken leg
A flashlight
Book of matches
A rubber duck
a raincoat

-----

The flashlight was too obvious.  He grimaced a little bit, crossing his arms and staring at the backpack, which he’d set down on the ground for just a moment.  He needed to act quickly, but at the moment all he could see was the flashlight, and that was the most unreliable thing there.  At least you could count on the rubber duck to squeak consistently.  Thinking as quickly as he could, Espen twirled the Sonic between his fingers.  Then...inspiration!  He grinned and picked up the book of matches and the flashlight, unscrewing the top of the flashlight and snapping the tips of the matches off, dropping them one by one into the open flashlight.  The Doctor was staring at the light nervously.

“Any time now!”  He called out, as the light gave another flicker.

“I’m goin’, I’m goin’!”  Espen replied, as he dropped the second to last bit of sulfur into the light.  “We won’t have long!”  He set the flashlight on the ground, top still off, facing the Doctor’s direction.  Just for the sake of it, he turned it on.  Naturally, it didn’t do much, but every little bit might help.  Taking a deep breath, he shoved the raincoat and rubber duck back into the backpack, zipped it up, held the chicken leg in one hand and the carrot in the other, and prepared himself to sprint.  He struck the final match and set it down in front of the flashlight, right next to one of the match heads that had rolled out.  Turning around, he tossed the chicken leg in one direction and the carrot in the other.  The distraction probably didn’t help, but he wasn’t a fan of carrots and he certainly wasn’t gonna eat a chicken leg he’d found in a backpack.  He reached into his pocket and readied to toss the screwdriver, and that’s when his plan took effect.

Suddenly, the light of 18 match heads went up all at once, and the shiny, mirrored inside of the flashlight magnified it and shone directly across the street.  It was only bright for a few moments, but Espen had already  taken off as it started, hoofing it as fast as his out-of-practice legs could carry him.  Halfway across the street, he gave an underhand toss of the Sonic, and the Doctor eagerly caught it and spun around, pointing it at the dangerously flickering light.  It stabilized and brightened, and Espen tumbled and rolled into the newly brightened area just as the matches burned out behind him.  Taking a moment to appreciate the fact that he still had four limbs, he stood up and brushed himself off.  Gasping for breath, he grinned.  “Miss me?”
Back to top Go down
Robin
Administrator
Administrator
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Espen Valdemar (Primary)   Espen Valdemar (Primary) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 5:10 pm

How could I not approve this? xD

Just make sure you get any bits of tech you carry around approved in the weapons creation, okie doke?

-Nat of the Administrative Staff-
Back to top Go down
6th Doctor/Espen V.
Beginner
Beginner
6th Doctor/Espen V.

PostSubject: Re: Espen Valdemar (Primary)   Espen Valdemar (Primary) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 5:14 pm

Indeed~. I won't use any tech in any thread that I don't get approved first. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Espen Valdemar (Primary)   Espen Valdemar (Primary) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Espen Valdemar (Primary)
Page 1 of 1